Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Can anyone shed some light ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
bikerdave65
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone shed some light ?

ok so i have a 2000 dyna fxds convertable , i have tried to read the codes that are stored in the TSM , i connected a jumper wire to the #1 & #2 terminals & watched the flashes , but none of the numbers i got from counting the flashes seem to jive with the list of trouble codes on here . the issue im having is this :
when i start the bike the "engine " light stays on a few seconds longer than it used too (i must say that i was in a wreck with it about 6 weeks ago and it did not do this before the wreck) then it goes out for a few seconds then it re-lights for 15 seconds and goes out untill i shut the bike off again . the other issue is that the right turn signal only works as a running light and a 4 way flasher when i switch on the right turn signal the light goes out alltogether ,( the rear lights up and the indicator lights , but it will not flash ) i feel like the trouble codes in the TSM have to do with the wreck and possibly the reason the turn signal dont work . does anyone have the trouble codes for a 2000 dyna specificaly or have any of ya'll ever experienced what is going on with my scoot ??? thanks for any help .