Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax ECM Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:25 PM
da Celt
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound silly since i don't own a TMax but I have emailed the Thundermax support several times looking for the right map and other questions about the O2 sensors in preparation for getting one. This is a lot of cheese for me to drop on something and I don't want any trouble with it.

My point is that i have found the email support to be great!

Old 06-29-2015, 06:59 PM
prider
Intermediate
Default last auto map

About 430+ miles since last auto tune. Have had Thunder Max for 20,000+ miles. This is not a new problem. Extensive issues with trike and HD Dealers is reason for Thunder Max. Vast improvement since upgrade. Still issues but will live with them if I can resolve the starting from a dead stand still. Several compensators, clutch, cables, cams etc. have been added. Would trade in but can't afford larger payments.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:25 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts
Default thundermax 2014 limited

had a few problems with mileage during first few months , getting low to mid thirty . got better after every auto tune. i got a new map from tm and now we are in the 40's very happy with response time and ease of directions from that company. i can screw up a one car funeral but successfully load everything they sent me.
Mazz

Old 07-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Boost
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by allsop
My T-Max map is evolving,

I can now cruise in sixth gear as low as 50 mph ! Stock set-up would not let me use sixth at 70 mph.

I am having a small problem, seems I am getting hard engine shut-off's once in a while. Going to have to investigate may be other things in play here.
Cruising 50 MPH in sixth gear.... Lugging...

Old 07-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Boost
Tourer

Originally Posted by prider
Still issues but will live with them if I can resolve the starting from a dead stand still.

What exactly happens on take off?

Old 08-10-2015, 07:12 AM
allsop
Advanced

" Cruising 50 MPH in sixth gear.... Lugging..."

actually, it is quite happy at that speed and rolls out with authority. Not that I do it much but can b/c sometimes traffic speeds catch me in that in between place where I need to up/down shift continually. It has more to do with showing the change in tuning, much happier engine. And I am also amazed at the difference in exhaust note with proper tuning. Long shots sound better.

I did figure out my problem with hard coughs on start and shut-downs, was not using premium fuel all the time. I do now.

Last edited by allsop; 08-10-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:51 PM
11fatbean
Intermediate

new to the thundermax and so far bike runs great but on start up when bike is warm it turns over and kicks the starter and doesnt start sounds terrible thundermax has only been on for 2 weeks now any ideas

Old 09-13-2015, 06:23 PM
turbo54
Road Master

Originally Posted by da Celt
Since you can get this all day long from Amazon new and with the o2 sensor auto tune extension,
Amazon.com: Thunder Heart Performance Thundermax ECM with Integral Auto Tune System 309-460: Automotive
I'd probably opt for that instead, imho.
I ordered the Auto tune from amazon last year when the wrenches put 575 cams and S@s cyclone air intake with Vance@ Hines exhaust . The wrench said my bike dialed in easy . I have put around 10,000 miles with the TM think it tunes for different conditions . I have never had a code and just ride it.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:40 PM
mchertel
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Does anybody know: Does the TM unit have build in fans that would keep running after powering the bike off, and if so are they really noisy? And - should the TM be reporting ECU information to the display? Mine is not, I get a "NO RSP" when toggling to the ECU while in the dig mode. Thanks

Old 09-16-2015, 12:02 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by mchertel
Does anybody know: Does the TM unit have build in fans that would keep running after powering the bike off, and if so are they really noisy? And - should the TM be reporting ECU information to the display? Mine is not, I get a "NO RSP" when toggling to the ECU while in the dig mode. Thanks
There are no fans with the TM. You must be hearing something else.
Can't help you with the display error, but you should be able to find it in the tuning manual. Download it, and if you still can't figure it out send an email to Zippers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thundermax ECM Thread