Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax ECM Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 06:50 PM
prider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Max (Web Update2015_0_6 size 52.42MB)

Not sure if I am placing this in the right spot. Curious if anyone has any info and or experience with this update from ThunderMax. Have not been able to get answer from TM support.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:24 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by prider
Not sure if I am placing this in the right spot. Curious if anyone has any info and or experience with this update from ThunderMax. Have not been able to get answer from TM support.
when i go to the garage to auto tune i am still range of my home wifi . I light up the icon on my lap top and today they said update was available . i downloaded it not sure what it was for but then did my 5 minute auto tune
i have never even waited 24 hours for an email reply from thundermax i am surprised you have not had communications via email.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Deadof_knight
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I have some pinging at 6th gear and full load

going down the road 70-80 up a hill or flat get some ping when I throttle it....

Should I alter the timing part of the map ?

Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 AM
mchertel
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The answer is yes it should be adjusted but I am not sure what, mine is still pinging a bit at near and full throttle. I have my 10K coming up and the Indy that does the work said he will adjust the map at that point. I honestly don't use full throttle very often so i can wait.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:06 PM
JCCASH
Cruiser

Upgraded my cams and added the Thundermax system. I have a 2011 Street Glide 103. Very good improvement with smooth ride and a lot more torque.

Queston and I am not sure what it is called. Before the install, when you throttle forward to adjust for heat green light blinks. After this installation that option no longer works. Not that I ever used it. Does the TMax eliminate this option?

Old 11-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Boost
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCCASH
Upgraded my cams and added the Thundermax system. I have a 2011 Street Glide 103. Very good improvement with smooth ride and a lot more torque.

Queston and I am not sure what it is called. Before the install, when you throttle forward to adjust for heat green light blinks. After this installation that option no longer works. Not that I ever used it. Does the TMax eliminate this option?
Yes. The TMax eliminates the ETIMS function

Old 03-03-2016, 09:06 AM
delux21915
Novice

I'm about to install a TM 309-360 on my 06 deluxe. stock everything just true duals and stage 2 air cleaner, also got new 02 sensors and duals are from an 07 with bungs already in them,
the TM only has about 5k miles on it

anything I should look out for?

Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Just follow the install instructions carefully. And don't forget to pull the ECM fuse before you start in on it.
Make sure you have the latest firmware and software.
With only 5K on the sensors they still should be good, so hold on to them.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:09 PM
roaddog007
Novice
Default Thundermax installed!!!

well i did it! i just got installed on my 2015 triglide. everything went really well. i got lucky when it came to the 12mm stock o2 sensor,s i didn,t have to take the exhaust apart to get them out. i did take my time routing the wide-band sensor wire,s . i did use extra zip-ties also. i got my laptop next to the bike and watched it live running on the screen. i do understand most but i have a question for anyone that can answer it. i am at the point where i have to ride the bike for 30min or more then come back to the pole barn and use the new setting of the auot-tune. how do i take that run in auto-tune and make it into a custom map? to let the bike run on that tune? thanks all and have a safe riding season.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:18 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

I may be a bit fuzzy on this because it's been a few years since I did my installation, but what Zippers recommended to me was to take several 30 mile (minimum) rides. After about 300 miles it would then be the time to do an autotune. Just one 30 mile ride would not generate enough data. You can also look in the TMCC area of the software and it will tell you the progress you're making.
Maybe it's different from my 07, but read the tuning manual and see if it says the same thing.

Quick Reply: Thundermax ECM Thread