Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax ECM Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 10:55 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

You can get the USB cable to interface the Thundermax but I think all it will tell you is "no combustion on front cylinder" There isn't a sensor for gas flow that I'm aware.

Old 03-05-2024, 02:41 PM
cobra23
Tourer
Received 343 Likes on 191 Posts

I would contact Thundermax tech support. They are pretty responsive.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:38 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,231 Likes on 3,611 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Guild
You can get the USB cable to interface the Thundermax but I think all it will tell you is "no combustion on front cylinder" There isn't a sensor for gas flow that I'm aware.
Tmax really doesn't have any way to detect "combustion". It's a Delphi thing.

Old 03-06-2024, 11:48 AM
matt_eglide
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Need some help/expertise...just installed a new-to-me 309-460 unit on my 07 Electra Glide. Everything on the unit was cleared out and I started with a clean and accurate base map for my bike/setup. I set all of the AFR's for my liking as well as all of the basic settings and all loaded successfully. I initialized the module a couple times with the ignition as well as allowed it to come up to temperature idling without touching the throttle as per the installation instrucitons.

Took the bike out for a 50 mile ride and it did amazing, came home and re-wrote the module to load in the learned fuel offsets from the first autotune session and all looked great.

On the second ride, the bike shut off a couple times when idling after a few seconds of coming to a stop. Didn't matter if I came to a stop in neutral or first gear, it seemed to want to idle funny or make an adjustment in the idle speed and then it would shut off. It would start back up totally normal and then idle fine after that.

Thoughts??

Old 03-06-2024, 12:48 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_eglide
Need some help/expertise...just installed a new-to-me 309-460 unit on my 07 Electra Glide. Everything on the unit was cleared out and I started with a clean and accurate base map for my bike/setup. I set all of the AFR's for my liking as well as all of the basic settings and all loaded successfully. I initialized the module a couple times with the ignition as well as allowed it to come up to temperature idling without touching the throttle as per the installation instrucitons.

Took the bike out for a 50 mile ride and it did amazing, came home and re-wrote the module to load in the learned fuel offsets from the first autotune session and all looked great.

On the second ride, the bike shut off a couple times when idling after a few seconds of coming to a stop. Didn't matter if I came to a stop in neutral or first gear, it seemed to want to idle funny or make an adjustment in the idle speed and then it would shut off. It would start back up totally normal and then idle fine after that.

Thoughts??
Try cleaning the IAC.

Old 03-06-2024, 01:32 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,231 Likes on 3,611 Posts

Reload the original map you started with. Do the throttle learn again. Don't bother with automapping until you have 500 to 1000 miles on it.. Whenever you start the bike make sure the throttle is closed. If you like to have your hand on the throttle when pressing the start button make sure that you are not rolling on the throttle slightly. It will screw stuff up..

Old 03-06-2024, 04:06 PM
matt_eglide
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
Try cleaning the IAC.
Installed a new intake manifold with a new/OEM IAC motor/valve but I can always clean it out easy enough.

I’ll go back in a re-install the MAP and do the sensor re-learn again and see how she rides then.

Thanks for the advice!