Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PCIII Mapping

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Wooddy04EGUC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIII Mapping

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good map for a power commander 3 on my 04 ultra TC88 with stock ECM, K&N filter and SE slip ons?

I've browsed through the maps and didnt locate this exact configuration. Can I use a configuration that has a screamin eagle air filter and vance and hines slip ons with a stock ECM?

Thanks,

Old 11-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Wooddy04EGUC
Advanced

I ended up finding a map for SE slip ons, SE air filter and stock ECM. Got it loaded and it seems to be running really well so far. Hopefully I'll get a nice long ride in before to long.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
HOGILAC
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Map

How's the MAP working out..., I spoke w/a PC 3 tech and we installed one but it runs rich..., What's your #'s (fuel table and ingnition tables)?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:41 PM
73shovel rider
Intermediate
Default map pc3 usb

I used a generic map from pc' er rechecked with afr gauge straped to handle bars found to be on the lean side for me most of the time around 14.6 or 14.7 which is fine for watercooled applications remapped and checked on dyno was running around 13.5 at cruise and 13.2 wide open if you want my adjusted map to try let me know also have dyno sheet -63 hp and 72 torque. I have not had any luck asking on this about mapping on this forum either! this bike is 2000flhtc 88 inch stock and se ac and vanco and hines true duals with large oval slipons this bike got 37 or 38 mpg on highway otherwise no problems . not sure why people are not willing to share maps after dynoing aspecially older stock bikes.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:51 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I will possibly show my ignorance here. In order to share a map it would have to a stand alone file on your computer and sent as an attachment that can only be read by the PC software. Not easy for many people. You can drag mouse over a map and save it as a spreadsheet, but then what? It is easier for some to take a picture of the dyno run but that is of no help except in locating the sweet range in horsepower and torque curves.

I think it might be helpful and possible to share which map from vendor you used any specific changes you made.

The final answer is at least a few pulls on a dyno on your bike from a tuner with a great reputation. Not everyone selling dyno time is good at doing dyno runs. I bought a used '05 in '06 Stage 1 Rineharts mid length and K&N that had a PC3 tuner, all installed and tuned by Harley at original sale(at great expense I imagine)....tuner was all zeroes...good dyno added 10/12 to 68/81 and everything about it improved from what pretty darn good. I have moved along since then and those PCIII maps are gone...besides...not sure how you can benefit.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 AM
73shovel rider
Intermediate

on the power commander program click on find map (list of maps)click and drag new map into list rename whatever ,download to bike . may take 10 min to try . dyno sheet really only good to show smooth curves and peaks in hp and torque .it would take some time to list all changes to a heavily modified map.power commander doesnot show any dyno sheets for there maps.I personally would be looking at dyno sheets to see potential gains ,I suppose one could just change all the map numbers from a picture in a few mins also. as you know, no two motors are exactly alike that why some perform better or worse than others . dyno time is always good idea even if only a few base line runs to ck what you've done

Old 03-23-2014, 02:07 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I was addressing the complainer of people not sharing their maps, not the website download site

Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Wooddy04EGUC
Advanced

I ended up with a collapsed lifter and a HD reman 95". I have never felt like I had the right map loaded. I just ordered a Cobra FI2000 Power Pro. Ill let you know how it goes. Sorry about never getting back to you. I never get emails stating there are replies to threads...