Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help with rear led lights please

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:56 AM
tader
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with rear led lights please

appreciate you all taking a look at the thread. installing extended bags with a fender overlay on my 2008 SG. the problem I am having is with the rear LED lights. Here is what I have, the LED lights are one strip approx. 6 in long, 3 wire system ( white, white, orange). This is what I know so far....the 3 wire system for the LED lights are white (high voltage/brake), white (low voltage/running lights), and orange (ground/negative). I have hooked them all up and when they are on the bike with a custom dynamics load equalizer it all works fine running lights work, brake lights are bright. once I try to hook up the violet (left turn signal) or brown (right turn signal) I cannot get either of those to work with the brake light active. I am thinking that I might need a triple play but talking to the people I know that have done these upgrades on different years of SG they all said they didn't need them. So before I spent the 80-100 on the triple play I was looking for your advise.

Secondly, with the led lights on either running, or brake lights the LED strips only light up 3/4 on both sides. I am ruling out component failure due to it is on both of them at the same time. I am not sure why they don't light up for the full length of the bar. The guy I bought the whole set up from just took it all off his bike and they worked when he sold them to me and he had a 2006 SG. I believe the set up is bad dad fender overlay with extended bags but they are an older model.

Sorry its so long but tried to be as detailed as possible, thanks for any advise.