Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

HD SESPT (Street Performance Tuner) Only

Old 12-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Default SESPT (Screamin Eagle Street Performance Tuner)

I'm starting this thread for the discussion of the newer and hopefully much improved HD Screamin Eagle Street Performance Tuner...

I'm fully aware of the mind set, they are limited, there's better Tuners available etc... Good or Bad this thread will be for people who have bought and have installed the newer SESPT from Jan 2012 to present... not the old POS that the dealer had to install, purchase a download Key for, and only the dealer could work on...

I currently have the Nightrider FL-ViED-10 on my Ultra,,, they work just like Steve said they would, just looking for something more and something that won't question my bike warranty...

I went to the dealer this morning and had to order my SESPT and cables, should be in 12/6... and as I stated above, good or bad results I will relate on this thread...

Hey, I started buying & riding Harleys in 1985, Sportsters, Softails, & Roadkings all with Carbs... Now I'm on an Ultra Classic with EFI,,, it's not a Hot Rod or I'd have a Super Tuner.

Images below are from the new 2014 Screamin Eagle Parts & Accessories Catalog...

Notice the above note: It also features expanded tuning options outside of the emissions range to
optimize performance.

Last edited by Sam D.; 12-03-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Sam D.
Road Master

Here are some quotes I found on another thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-tuner-2.html

Originally Posted by Ganno57
The Street Tuner gets a bad rap simply because the people talking about it have not spent the time with it to get a good tune or have no real experience with it. They are repeating what they have heard, not what they have done. No the AFR is not adjustable on the Street Tuner like it is on the Super tuner but if your just doing a stage 1 you don't need the Super tuner. You are only tuning the closed loop section of the map anyway so if you are in the 14:3 to 14:4 who cares. Is it lean, sure it is. But it is not as lean as the popular Power Vision which is set to run at 14:5 with the economy tune. I have been using the Street Tuner and have great results. The bike still gets 42 mpg with the stage 1 tune. I don't need the last 2 hp left on the table from not using the Super tuner. I don't give a **** about that tiny difference. I want a bike that runs smooth and clean without any problems. Load the Street Tuner then perform several Smart tunes on the street in the real world and the bike will run great. If you need to see what a dyno can do then roll up on one and do the Smart tune directly on the dyno.
Originally Posted by richie
My Street Tuner cruising AFR is 14.4 to 14.3, just where I want it for mileage. Above 2000 RPM when I whack the throttle it increases in increments up to 12.5 wide open. The higher the RPM relative to throttle position the sooner the max AFR of 12.5 is reached. I have no problem with that and do not care about a govt. agency. You should check out some of the maps available, might surprise you .
I have had PC-V in the past , and also Revolution Performance, so have a little bit of familiarity with other tuners. I think this is the best bang for the buck .Do not feel at all I only got half way there. What I think I got was enough of a cost savings to enable me to purchase FM ceramic coated head pipes, (600.00) made the bike run much cooler and more efficient . Just about the difference in cost of a Dyno and another type of tuner.
I am happy with where my " sky limit " is.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

good info Sam D.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Sam D.
Road Master

My local dealership called me to let me know my SESPT arrived today but they had closed the Dealership due to the ice & snow we were getting... My parts guy waited 25 minutes in his truck for me to get there to pick it up before he went home, what a guy.

BTW: because of the reward points I had accumulated at the dealership, the SESPT and the cables only ran me $162.37 out of pocket...

Last edited by Sam D.; 12-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:20 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sam D.
My local dealership called me to let me know my SESPT arrived today but they had closed the Dealership due to the ice & snow we were getting... My parts guy waited 25 minutes in his truck for me to get there to pick it up before he went home, what a guy.

BTW: because of the reward points I had accumulated at the dealership, the SESPT and the cables only ran me $162.37 out of pocket...
can't beat that for customer service. Do share the name of the dealer so others benefit from their services.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Sam D.
Road Master

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
can't beat that for customer service. Do share the name of the dealer so others benefit from their services.
Buckeye HD Dayton, Ohio

Old 12-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Default Calibration sheet pg 2

Here's some info from the PDF Calibration File showing the canned maps...
When you install the software CD, it has an update because the original PDF did not have 2013 models listed...

My thinking is maybe some of the 49 State Maps might run better than the 50 State Legal Maps... I will have to try one... when it's not 20* outside.

Page 1

Page 2

Old 12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sam D.
I will have to try one... when it's not 20* outside.
comon man.. where's your sense of adventure? LOL

Old 12-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Sam D.
Road Master

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
comon man.. where's your sense of adventure? LOL
LOL,,, I lost that with my youth.
With age comes some semblance of common sense.

I don't want to break any tabs or clips getting out the Data Link.
Believe me I'm chumping it to bit, wanting to hook it up and load a Map.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:13 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

well I guess I'm still young then.. It's 31 here, just finished adjusting my pressure plate, drained and refilled the primary fluid and going on a test ride now... be back soon...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HD SESPT (Street Performance Tuner) Only