Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

O2 Sensors For A Springer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 05:01 PM
f4fighterpilot
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Sensors For A Springer

I have a 2007 FLSTSC with a 103 engine, V&H pipes and S&S gear drive cams. I've recently experienced some 'surging' with the engine where the rmp will drop off then pick up again. The engine even quit just as I was pulling into the driveway. I've checked the diagnostic code and have a P132, front sensor reading high.

The sensors are the originals sensors and I'm considering replacing both of them: I have around 32K on the bike. I do not have any test equipment so setting or tuning the ecm is something the dealer will have to do for me. I have a decent set of tools including 18mm and 7/8" box wrench to remove the sensors.

My questions:

1. Can I replace the sensors without having to replace the wiring harnesses?
2. After replacing the sensors, should I have the ECM tuned and set for the new sensors?
3. I've seen some videos promoting other O2 sensors, that also have wiring harness and connectors, but to install these sensors is probably beyond my skill level. Are there other O2 sensors that other owners recommend?

Thank you and ride safe!