Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Why couldnt tuner tweek of the tune in my bike?

Old 05-25-2014, 07:27 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

after the flash to ECM the last thing the software does is save a copy on the VCI.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will let you guys know when I get the cables but shouldn't I be able to see the tune just hooking it up to my se orange tuner? then hook it up to the bike? If so couldn't I change the ae setting then hook it up and load it to the bike and rename and save? if I took a picture and posted the ae before and after would that tell you guys anything?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vic hale
I will let you guys know when I get the cables but shouldn't I be able to see the tune just hooking it up to my se orange tuner? then hook it up to the bike? If so couldn't I change the ae setting then hook it up and load it to the bike and rename and save? if I took a picture and posted the ae before and after would that tell you guys anything?
How do you plan to do that without the cables and software?

Old 05-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser

When I get the cables, hook up vci to laptop

Old 05-29-2014, 04:36 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser

Originally Posted by slyedog
OK. Didn't see this in other thread. Apparently you are going to metro. I talked to the dyno guy to see cost for getting some numbers and to see if my afr was not too rich. He had no knowledge of the tts I have other than they used to make seprt. I would advise you to go to silver eagle and talk with them. Madnss is around that area and he has a sporty putting out well over 100hp. I can't say whether Hawkeye(McGrath) has a good dyno tuner or not. No Indy shop close by that I know of. Look up madnss and pm him if silver eagle has good dyno guy or not or where he goes. Waterloo isn't too far if they do.
Sly, This tuning if u don't have Harley cams and all is a pain. LOL. I called Waterloo and they told me they don't tune the SE tuner. I cant remember what it was they like to use. Metro talked me into this SE one but I wanted the TTS. They told me at the time they could dyno if I bought the TTS but advised me the SE was better. Metro cant even keep their stories right. Bob Woods told me about a shop north of Dixon Il. That knows how to tune his cams but Ive got the program and a couple guys on her are going to help me. Cables should be here any day. Im sure my issue is just the AE setting needs leaned out. It only runs bad from idle to getting it going then runs fine. Its rich when I gas it to down shift also. Its a habit and Metro said well don't due that then. LOL.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
How do you plan to do that without the cables and software?
I got the software free off a Harley site that someone posted on here were to get it. It is the SE program and looked like what the HD shop had. I hope the cables come tomorrow but I bet they wont get here until the first of next week.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:17 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic hale
Sly, This tuning if u don't have Harley cams and all is a pain. LOL. I called Waterloo and they told me they don't tune the SE tuner. I cant remember what it was they like to use. Metro talked me into this SE one but I wanted the TTS. They told me at the time they could dyno if I bought the TTS but advised me the SE was better. Metro cant even keep their stories right. Bob Woods told me about a shop north of Dixon Il. That knows how to tune his cams but Ive got the program and a couple guys on her are going to help me. Cables should be here any day. Im sure my issue is just the AE setting needs leaned out. It only runs bad from idle to getting it going then runs fine. Its rich when I gas it to down shift also. Its a habit and Metro said well don't due that then. LOL.
The guys helping on here are very knowledgeable and a valuable asset to hd forums and it's members. Listen to them and if you don't understand try to be patient until you can get on same page. Once you get it dialed in stay away from metro as I think the dyno guy is ok for a typical stage one my conversation with him made me feel he doesn't have a wide range of abilities. I may be wrong? I am not familiar with the se tuner and can't help there. IF you still can't DIY it I'll ask around if there is any other tuners in area. Here is a link for dyno jet dyno places within 100 miles of cr.
http://www.dynojet.com/DynoCenters/D...a_distance=100

Old 05-30-2014, 07:39 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser

Thanks Sly, The guy north of Dixon Il. worked at the Clinton HD shop. He is in Polo Il.
I got my cables but waiting for work to call as I need walked through getting it going so I don't loose the tune that's in it. I don't want to make him mad so I will wait. I don't know if I hook it up to bike and turn it on if the tune will just come up on my lap top or if I have to do something else.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser

Not sure how to get my ae change to ecu? I did get it saved on my desktop and hit Load but I don't think anything happened. And on the hd tune up to 4000 rpm was all at 14.6

Old 05-31-2014, 01:17 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

load refers to loading a map from your computer. Program ECM is what you want to do.
see the motorcycle icon with the lightning. you hook up cables to bike & VCI and that should light up with ignition on, click it. check adaptive fuel and press program.
as for the 14.6 you could decrease to 14.2 on 4k line. what is the numbers below on the 4500 line? you could go 1/2 way with 4k line.
what map are you using?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why couldnt tuner tweek of the tune in my bike?