Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2006 Dyna low Rider Stator

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Ratt
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dyna low Rider Stator

Last July I bought an 06 Low Rider with 3,000 miles on it. In October riding home from work I got the battery and engine light. Hobbled home with a few back fires.

Last weekend found the forum on the web looking for clues as to what it could be. Found an old thread from pkelly about the 2006 Dyna stators and IPB issues. Checked my key off amp draw then stated the bike but the battery wasn't getting a charge. Probed the stator plug connection and got nothing.

Yea the "witch hunt" has me worried. I called MoCo customer service and they denied any issues with the bolted stator. I think I have an early bike purchased in 8/05. It apparently had 2 recalls none related to the stator. One was for a tranny issue and they replaced the IPB while they were in there. The dealer also denied any knowledge of stator issues with the Dynas.

I don't want to join the witch hunt but should I be worried. I've read a lot of posts about changing the stator, IPB, Tranny case, IPB case... and with 07 parts. It looks like I'm going to have to open it up and it looks like its on my dime.

Any suggestions as to how far I should go with replacements? Do I need to get the doweled tranny case? Will I keep having failures if I just replace the stator? Should I sell? I've been street riding a few years now and this is my second Harley but I haven't had to dig into them too much. Could use some experienced advice.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:16 PM
davidwideglide06
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this helps or not but this past rideing season my 2006 wide glide with 29,000 miles on it had the bolts back out and the stator self destructed. Called costumer service which gave me a reference number. Shop installed upgraded stator assembly. I only paid $100.00 administration fee. I figure with the amount of miles I had on mine and they paid for it, you should be able to get some type of help with it. Keep calling costumer service until you get some results.