Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Tunning with y pipe trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im done with the y pipe. I took it in for the third time and it still takes off like crap. I had him lean it and richen it at Idle and nothing changed. I should of had him take timing out but they were closing and I wanted it for the weekend. They also tore the real head off thinking I did something wrong when I put it together but it was all ok. Im tired of this. I had friends go in and buy Harley cams and had no problem getting them tuned but my woods cams have the dyno guy pissed.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Vic hale
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its in my post but 4 times at the dealer and all they do is throw a flash in it and play with A/f/ First 3 times it kicked back on itself and puked oil out of the AC. This last time I noticed they used the stage 4 flash but again just did the A/f and I did see him changing the injector size. Puking stopped but is still rich on throttle from Idle. I can blurp it and see black smoke and its not real responsive when I crack the throttle.
I have the program and should get the cables next week. I want to tweak on the ae setting or A/F on the low RPM as Im sure its rich in that area. Im afraid of loosing the tune that's in it tho. Wurk said he would help but sometimes he takes a few days to get back to me. I tuned a 4 banger turbo car I had but it was simple compared to this program. If I lean it in the AE setting it show's temp so that confuses me. Or do I want to lean it in the progress throttle. Wish someone in the Cedar Rapids Iowa area to run me through it and I would understand. Reading for days in this thread it doesn't show the program and what u guys are actually doing. I wish I could get a phone number to talk with someone about this tuning