Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

V&H FP3 Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

@Rubline

Agreed, I got the FP3 when I did the stage 1 with the 3" slip-ons. I tried a couple of autotunes just for the hell of it but always went back to the canned V&H map. It felt right on the money.

cheers

Old 07-26-2015, 04:04 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 300Slim
I installed this unit yesterday. Flashed the new map for slip on's and ran.
Unfourtunatley the decel pop remained the same as the HD map they flashed after the slip on's and open AC were installed. It may of sounded better thou.

I have problems running the unit, Trying to Auto tune it.Seems that every time I flash it, it tells me to turn off the bike and the Bluetooth will reconnect. It does not. Ever. End up recycling from the begining. Seems to be a very specific way to do it. Blue tooth on, Bike on, Start app.

I started the auto tune but after bit it looses the BT connection. Cant get it to connect without recycling and then all is lost.

Does the Bluetooth rely on cell and/or Data connection?

I talked to V&H cust service and didnt get any real help.

It's a cool piece of equipment seeing that you can see and change things like ETMS on/off temps, ect. It would nice if you could turn off the headlamp while programing.
@300Slim

Our maps from the factory are tuned with a balance of performance and economy. We can eliminate nearly all of the decel pop, but at the expense of some MPG. You can try using the AutoTune to help with some, or we can make some manual adjustments. If you would like us to make some manual adjustments, we would need you to connect to the bike and go to the customer support area and hit the upload button. Then send us a confirmation email with your VIN and we will make the adjustments and send it back to you.

As for customer service, who did you speak with? What did they tell you? I want to know to ensure that the correct information is being communicated so that we can improve upon this experience. And if something needs improvement, we need to know. If you prefer, you can also send me an email at cneely@vanceandhines.com

Old 07-27-2015, 04:28 PM
300Slim
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vhcneely
@300Slim

Our maps from the factory are tuned with a balance of performance and economy. We can eliminate nearly all of the decel pop, but at the expense of some MPG. You can try using the AutoTune to help with some, or we can make some manual adjustments. If you would like us to make some manual adjustments, we would need you to connect to the bike and go to the customer support area and hit the upload button. Then send us a confirmation email with your VIN and we will make the adjustments and send it back to you.

As for customer service, who did you speak with? What did they tell you? I want to know to ensure that the correct information is being communicated so that we can improve upon this experience. And if something needs improvement, we need to know. If you prefer, you can also send me an email at
cneely@vanceandhines.com
Chris, Thanks for the reply. I seemed a little short when I read my post and I apologize. Cust Serv was doing fine. I just needed, and did not have, A second phone so he could read the information from the FP3 and conversate with me simultaneously. I'll email you with some questions. Thanks again.