Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Engine in high Idle after working in Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Scottzp
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine in high Idle after working in Fairing

Did some stereo work last evening on my 2010 FLHTCU. Upon putting the fairing back together and starting the bike I found that the bike is Idling constantly at about 2k RPMs. I can twist the throttle forward to bring down the idle, however once I release the throttle it goes right back.

I disconnected some of the different wiring quick connect pieces to pull the stock head unit out and connected them all back together when I put the head unit back in.

Any ideas on what this might be, and what is needed to fix?

Old 04-26-2014, 02:20 PM
fredman
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible fix for your dilemma

I need a bit more information. Do you consistently crack the throttle open when you start the bike? If you do, you will eventually reset the engine idle too high. This happened to me on my 09 Ultra CVO. Try this. Turn the ignition on for 10 seconds, off for ten seconds. Do this four times. Engine idle should reset itself then. And if you are cracking the throttle open on start, don't do it anymore. Let me know if it works for you.