Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Superchips Review Submissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Super Chips Tuners

Super Chips SUBMISSION:

My site name is Danny D and I own a 2013 FLHX Street Glide that I call SCOOTER. It has a 103 motor and I am ordering an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner kit soon and have installed Klock Werks SS Mufflers. I have de-catted the stock exhaust header and it runs good but pops a little with the Nite Rider XIED that I installed myself. The low rev and mid-range power seem to be lacking.

I reviewed the Superchip site reading about the two new flash tuners on the market I was curious how they would work on my Scooter. It seems to be a great candidate and I would be very happy to work with the Superchip staff and post about my experience. The Vigilante EZ would be great just to flash the ECM but I would really like the Vigilante Flash with all the capabilities when it's in my budget. It would be cool to have the graphic menu's using my HTC Android phone. I am still using the stock calibration.
I hope to be working with you soon.

Danny D

Attached Thumbnails Superchips Review Submissions-danny-s-scooter.jpg  

Last edited by Danny D; 07-24-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny D
Super Chips SUBMISSION:

My site name is Danny D and I own a 2013 FLHX Street Glide that I call SCOOTER. It has a 103 motor and I am ordering an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner kit soon and have installed Klock Werks SS Mufflers. I have de-catted the stock exhaust header and it runs good but pops a little with the Nite Rider XIED that I installed myself. The low rev and mid-range power seem to be lacking.

I reviewed the Superchip site reading about the two new flash tuners on the market I was curious how they would work on my Scooter. It seems to be a great candidate and I would be very happy to work with the Superchip staff and post about my experience. The Vigilante EZ would be great just to flash the ECM but I would really like the Vigilante Flash with all the capabilities when it's in my budget. It would be cool to have the graphic menu's using my HTC Android phone. I am still using the stock calibration.
I hope to be working with you soon.

Danny D
Danny

Rules say No Editing. I reviewed the edits you made. They are simple edits and really don't effect your submission but I will need a ruling regardless to be fair here. Rules are rules and I need this one to be cleared by the Powers That Be.

I don't think they will have a problem with it but again I'm not the Boss here just the messenger and we want everyone to be on a level playing field.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by blueangel73
My site name is blueangel73 and I own a 2010 Dyna Street Bob I call Hooker (She get riding a lot and takes all my money). She has a 96” motor with a Arlen Ness Big Sucker 2 Air Cleaner and Rinehart Churchill 2-2 full exhaust and a stock HD flash w/ Xieds as far as powertrain mods go, nothing extreme. She runs good but pops a little. The low to mid power range seems to be a little weak, but picks up as I throttle on.

Seeing this great contest I browsed the Superchip site reading about the two new flash tuners on the market I was curious how they would get my Hooker to perform better. We will be doing some cross country trips in a little over a year, putting us threw all kinds of condition changes really testing the performance of a good tune. Hooker seems to be the perfect candidate and I would be very happy to work with the Superchip guys and post about my experience. The Vigilante EZ would be great just to flash the ECM but I would really like the Vigilante Flash with all the bells and whistles, it would be like an all new Hooker on the street, working it. It would be cool to have the graphic menu's using my iPhone. I understand I must have a stock calibration so I'm in luck, I already have it done, I just have to remove the Xieds.

Thanks for your consideration. Blueangel73

Here is a pic I took this morning just for you to see, it shows the Air Cleaner cover (nothing to exciting there, but its what I like) and shows the the exhaust so you have an idea of what it looks like.

BA's quoted submission.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by BigMike
My site name is BiugMike and I own a 2013 Fatboy Lo. It has a 103 motor with a SE Heavy Breather and Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered 2 into 2 system. I currently have a SE Pro Super Tuner and have downloaded the Stage 1 map (it sucks). I'll be installing 14" Wild One Outlawz apes this weekend.

I checked out the Supertuner site to look at the tuners that are offered. I've been planning to use the Smart Tune function with the SEPST but I've only had my bike for 2 weeks so I've been riding. I'm very familiar with tuning principals and would like my bike to run cooler and eliminate the decel popping. I'm an experienced mechanic and always do my own work because I don't like being a slave to the dealer. I know my capabilities but have no idea the capabilities of the person at the dealer that will work on my bike if I took it there. I like the idea of an easy tuning process and would be interested in trying your product. I know that Superchips makes solid products as I've been an avid Jeep enthusiast for many years (currently have a '14 JK Rubicon).

I can use either product as I have a Galaxy S5 Android. I've been in Information Technology for 21 years and educated as an engineer.

Thanks for your consideration. BigMike

<Placeholder for picture>
Mike's quoted submission... Mike, we need that picture soon please.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
I'm Pat(Hammerhead Pat), duh!! I ride a 2011 Flhr ,96'' motor with gutted headpipe, American Custom slip-ons with mid rumble baffles, V&H Vo2 breather and Nightrider Vied's with 16k on the bike. I've had this setup since 1k and am honestly quite happy with performance/mileage. No popping and mid 40's in mileage. Been on a couple 1800 miles weekend trips up to the mountains and other than a little pinging on the Cherohola Pkwy ( could've been me in the wrong gear), it has run flawless!!
I'm curious to see if a "correct" tuner will make such a big difference as others have said happens after switching from Vied's. Thanks for the opportunity.....
Pat's quoted submission.

You guys understand why I'm doing this. Contest must be fair. Please no editing your submissions per the rules.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:01 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Mike's quoted submission... Mike, we need that picture soon please.
Thanks Wiz. I'll get one tomorrow. Been out of town all week.

My only edit will be the picture. I added one a few minutes ago but I'm not in it. In the mean time, just picture a badass **** on a Fatboy LOL

Last edited by BigMike; 07-25-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by BigMike
Thanks Wiz. I'll get one tomorrow. Been out of town all week.

My only edit will be the picture. I added one a few minutes ago but I'm not in it. In the mean time, just picture a badass **** on a Fatboy LOL

I cant stress this enough.. PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR SUBMISSION.

If you need to add a picture then quote your submission, add the photo and post.

Why? There is no editing because it is not fair. What if the first few guys like the submission of the 10th guy and changes theirs. That's not fair.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:31 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Hey all,

User name is craigffb and I own a 2010 Street Bob (Black Pearl) and a 2012 Street Glide (Flying Dutchman). The Bob has 96 c.i. motor a V&H naked VO2 intake, V&H Big Radius pipes, V&H FulPak, a 180 out back and a bit of powered coating here and there. The Glide has a 103 c.i. motor V&H naked VO2 intake, V&H Power Dual header with Monster Oval mufflers, V&H FuelPak, Detachable Tour Pak, Lower Fairings and LOTS of powder. Both bikes were bought new and I've done all my own wrenching since day one. Both bikes run pretty good but I don't really have anything to judge that off except from when they were stock. The Dyna has some popping but runs strong. The Street Glide took a bit to get the map right (as right as it could be with the tuner I have anyway) some popping but it's pretty mild and could have a bit more low end pull in my opinion. I ride both bike a lot and pretty much all year long.

I saw the contest link and figured I'd give the Super Chip tuner a look see. Seems both tuners would work on either of my bikes and I'd be willing to run it on both of them to see how they work as long as it doesn't lock to one vin. Both the Flash and the EZ sound like they have a lot to offer may possibly be a step up from the piggy back tuners I run on my bikes now.

Even if I'm not selected I'd like to see more info on the Flash, more screen shots of Android/iOS screens and how it operated would be a big plus.

Thanks for your consideration.
PEACE,
Craig

Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

And sorry...I don't have any pictures of me with the bikes as I'm always the one taking the picture.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by craigffb
Hey all,

User name is craigffb and I own a 2010 Street Bob (Black Pearl) and a 2012 Street Glide (Flying Dutchman). The Bob has 96 c.i. motor a V&H naked VO2 intake, V&H Big Radius pipes, V&H FulPak, a 180 out back and a bit of powered coating here and there. The Glide has a 103 c.i. motor V&H naked VO2 intake, V&H Power Dual header with Monster Oval mufflers, V&H FuelPak, Detachable Tour Pak, Lower Fairings and LOTS of powder. Both bikes were bought new and I've done all my own wrenching since day one. Both bikes run pretty good but I don't really have anything to judge that off except from when they were stock. The Dyna has some popping but runs strong. The Street Glide took a bit to get the map right (as right as it could be with the tuner I have anyway) some popping but it's pretty mild and could have a bit more low end pull in my opinion. I ride both bike a lot and pretty much all year long.

I saw the contest link and figured I'd give the Super Chip tuner a look see. Seems both tuners would work on either of my bikes and I'd be willing to run it on both of them to see how they work as long as it doesn't lock to one vin. Both the Flash and the EZ sound like they have a lot to offer may possibly be a step up from the piggy back tuners I run on my bikes now.

Even if I'm not selected I'd like to see more info on the Flash, more screen shots of Android/iOS screens and how it operated would be a big plus.

Thanks for your consideration.
PEACE,
Craig

Quoted submission

Quick Reply: Superchips Review Submissions