Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Superchips Review Submissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Default Superchips Review Submissions

Superchips, a sponsor of HDForums, is searching for the right member(s) to review a new Vigilante EZ and a Vigilante Flash tuner.

http://superchips.com/products/vigil...ash-5625-5625/

http://Superchips.com/products/vigilante-ez-5842/

There will be two winners. One Vigilante EZ and one Vigilante Flash. Each winner will get to keep their Vigilante as a gift from Superchips for simply testing and writing regular reviews.

Here is how it works. There are certain qualifications you must meet in order to be chosen. Please read carefully:

Only one entry per member.

You must own a 2008 through 2013 Harley Big Twin bike. (Touring, Softail or Dyna Class Only)

Your bike must be a Stage 1 bike. (Open Air Cleaner, open or aftermarket head pipe and larger than stock mufflers) (No other motor modifications are allowed) If your ECM has a flash in it now then you must be willing to restore the STOCK FLASH.

If you have less than Stage 1 bike modifications you must be willing to upgrade to a Stage 1 before receiving the Vigilante product if you win.

You must have "some" experience or knowledge of tuning a Big Twin Harley EFI System.

You must be willing to post about your win and tuning experiences via regular reviews on HDF.

You must be a member of this site in good standing (no moderation points or administration intervention).

Your last qualification and your entry to this contest is to provide us with a full modification history of your bike in about two paragraphs and post a photo of you with your bike. Tell us about something cool you plan to do with the Vigilante tuner and why you are the perfect candidate.
Post it all here on this thread and attach your picture entry. Edited posts will be disqualified. We must be fair here. First post counts as is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SAMPLE SUBMISSION, PLEASE WRITE YOURS IN YOUR OWN WORDS. THE MORE ORIGINAL YOUR SUBMISSION THE BETTER CHANCES YOU HAVE TO WIN:

My site name is Bo Jangles and I own a 2012 Ultra called Ringo. She has a 103 motor with a SE Air Cleaner and Rush 2.0 mufflers. The exhaust header is an aftermarket Fullsac 2-1-2. The dealer flashed the Stage I map in her a few months ago. She runs good but pops a little. The mid-range power seems to be a little weak too.

Seeing this great contest I browsed the Superchip site reading about the two new flash tuners on the market I was curious how they would work on Ringo. She seems to be the perfect candidate and I would be very happy to work with the Superchip guys and post about my experience. The Vigilante EZ would be great just to flash the ECM but I would really like the Vigilante Flash with all the bells and whistles. It would be cool to have the graphic menu's using my Android phone. I understand I must have a stock calibration so I'm perfectly happy to return to the dealer and have it done.

Thanks for your consideration. Bo Jangles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it. It's that easy to get an EZ or Flash.

There are motor cubic inch restrictions so please visit the links above to make sure your bike meets the year model and motor cubic inch specifications.

Your submissions will be judged by your admin/mod team. The final decision will be posted here for all to view. The entry date starts now and ends July 31st so get your submissions in ASAP!

Good luck to everyone!

I cant stress this enough.. PLEASE DO NOT EDIT YOUR SUBMISSION.

If you need to add a picture then quote your submission, add the photo and post.

Why? There is no editing because it is not fair. What if the first few guys like the submission of the 10th guy and changes theirs. That's not fair.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 07-25-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:47 PM
gadgetguy1288
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Wish I qualified for this, I'm about to order one of your tuners at the end of the summer after I get the other parts accumulated for my stage 1. Good luck to those who enter, I'll be following the posts from those that win!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 AM
Roguepup
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! I've been looking for a tuner too.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

My site name is blueangel73 and I own a 2010 Dyna Street Bob I call Hooker (She get riding a lot and takes all my money). She has a 96” motor with a Arlen Ness Big Sucker 2 Air Cleaner and Rinehart Churchill 2-2 full exhaust and a stock HD flash w/ Xieds as far as powertrain mods go, nothing extreme. She runs good but pops a little. The low to mid power range seems to be a little weak, but picks up as I throttle on.

Seeing this great contest I browsed the Superchip site reading about the two new flash tuners on the market I was curious how they would get my Hooker to perform better. We will be doing some cross country trips in a little over a year, putting us threw all kinds of condition changes really testing the performance of a good tune. Hooker seems to be the perfect candidate and I would be very happy to work with the Superchip guys and post about my experience. The Vigilante EZ would be great just to flash the ECM but I would really like the Vigilante Flash with all the bells and whistles, it would be like an all new Hooker on the street, working it. It would be cool to have the graphic menu's using my iPhone. I understand I must have a stock calibration so I'm in luck, I already have it done, I just have to remove the Xieds.

Thanks for your consideration. Blueangel73

Here is a pic I took this morning just for you to see, it shows the Air Cleaner cover (nothing to exciting there, but its what I like) and shows the the exhaust so you have an idea of what it looks like.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:41 PM
McPlaid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish they were taking 2014...

Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Contest bump

Old 07-23-2014, 12:27 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts

My site name is BiugMike and I own a 2013 Fatboy Lo. It has a 103 motor with a SE Heavy Breather and Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered 2 into 2 system. I currently have a SE Pro Super Tuner and have downloaded the Stage 1 map (it sucks). I'll be installing 14" Wild One Outlawz apes this weekend.

I checked out the Supertuner site to look at the tuners that are offered. I've been planning to use the Smart Tune function with the SEPST but I've only had my bike for 2 weeks so I've been riding. I'm very familiar with tuning principals and would like my bike to run cooler and eliminate the decel popping. I'm an experienced mechanic and always do my own work because I don't like being a slave to the dealer. I know my capabilities but have no idea the capabilities of the person at the dealer that will work on my bike if I took it there. I like the idea of an easy tuning process and would be interested in trying your product. I know that Superchips makes solid products as I've been an avid Jeep enthusiast for many years (currently have a '14 JK Rubicon).

I can use either product as I have a Galaxy S5 Android. I've been in Information Technology for 21 years and educated as an engineer.

Thanks for your consideration. BigMike

<Placeholder for picture with me in it - I'm installing new apes on 7/26>

Last edited by BigMike; 07-25-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

I'm Pat(Hammerhead Pat), duh!! I ride a 2011 Flhr ,96'' motor with gutted headpipe, American Custom slip-ons with mid rumble baffles, V&H Vo2 breather and Nightrider Vied's with 16k on the bike. I've had this setup since 1k and am honestly quite happy with performance/mileage. No popping and mid 40's in mileage. Been on a couple 1800 miles weekend trips up to the mountains and other than a little pinging on the Cherohola Pkwy ( could've been me in the wrong gear), it has run flawless!!
I'm curious to see if a "correct" tuner will make such a big difference as others have said happens after switching from Vied's. Thanks for the opportunity.....

Old 07-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

EDIT

Post count qualification has been removed. Contest is open for everyone with the above qualifications.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Happy Hippo
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks no stage 2! I could use that tuner darn it.

Quick Reply: Superchips Review Submissions