Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thunder-Max Updates

Old 04-07-2007, 03:21 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Thunder-Max Updates

I was beginning to regret getting rid of my PowerCommander and buying a Thunder-Max AutoTuner. No matter what I did, my bike would pop like crazy on every decel,in additionto being verysluggish to start when the bike was hot. I checked out Zipper's website to see if there were any updates. Sure enough, there was a firmware and software update, along with new maps. I had been using map #352, and noticed that #369 was an updated map for my bike's configuration. I loaded the new map, along with the software and firmware upgrades, and bang, new bike! Just came back from a 3 hour ride, and 99% of the decel popping is gone, and now the bike fires right up even when it's hot. If you have a Thunder-Max, you might want to check out the website for the upgrades. I'm glad I did.

DJK

Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Mr5150
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder-Max Updates

That's very cool.... I too, have just ordered the TM setup.. I thought I read on this forum that you could demo the software to see the available maps. I downloaded the software but it asks for an activation code. I have an '07 RKC and I'm going with V&H Big Shot Duals and the TM A/C (looks like Ness Big Sucker). Could you tell me if there is a base map like that? Thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 08:43 PM
djkolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Mr5150

That's very cool.... I too, have just ordered the TM setup.. I thought I read on this forum that you could demo the software to see the available maps. I downloaded the software but it asks for an activation code. I have an '07 RKC and I'm going with V&H Big Shot Duals and the TM A/C (looks like Ness Big Sucker). Could you tell me if there is a base map like that? Thanks

Yes, there is a map for your RKC. Since you've bought a TM, I'll PM you the activation code so you can take a look.

DJK

Old 04-08-2007, 07:01 PM
kmdmb
Intermediate

The code is no secret. It is 85MDN1ZJXXPF-4. Just go to thundemax .com and download the smartlink set up guide. It's right there on page 1.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
DaFrankster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could not be happier with the T-Max auto tune set-up. The install was CAKE and my bike just flat-out ROCKS now. It's getting better and better each time I ride (I didn't think that was even possible since the bike is already pulling so much harder than the HD download for the 95" upgrade)

For those of you who might be on the fenceregarding this product...don't be. I'm actually looking forward to our changing seasons here in the Pacific Northwest. The02 sensors working in conjunction with the many out-side temp changes (as well as humidity changes)should keep the bike running cooler as well as running stronger.

I am one happy customer!

Cheers to Zipper's performance and their T-Max system.

: )

Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
davidwideglide06
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you really are happy with the system. I have been reshearching this forum and another and eveyone for the most part is very happy with it. I am plan on purchasing on in the next several weeks.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:48 AM
shooter64
Former Sponsor

They are awesome systems....havent had a complaint on any I have sold so far.....Zippers got it right.....

Old 04-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Mr5150
Advanced

Anybody have a Siren II setup with the TMAX? I'm wondering if the tilt feature will still make the siren come on. Or is this totally indepenant of the ECM. Another guy said his trip meter and clock are inop on his '07. Just wondering. Mines on it's way

Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
DAVETHEBUILDER
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm changing from aPC to a TM with auto tune and I'm also going to bite the bullit and install some D&D Fatcats, oh yea I always said I didnt like 2 to 1's[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM
djkolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Mr5150

Anybody have a Siren II setup with the TMAX? I'm wondering if the tilt feature will still make the siren come on. Or is this totally indepenant of the ECM. Another guy said his trip meter and clock are inop on his '07. Just wondering. Mines on it's way
I have a HD Tach/speed combo and everything works just fine, except I can't change the factory code that allows you to start the bike without a FOB. Good thing the alarm works!

DJK

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thunder-Max Updates