Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Repost Difference between 1450 & 1340 Fuel Maps

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 03:21 PM
sajobob
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repost Difference between 1450 & 1340 Fuel Maps

I am reposting this, there were quite a few people that read the post but no one answered.
I had a customer come into the shop today with a 2000 Electra Glide, they had the bike at another shop and could not get it running. A little history, the customer was riding the bike and ran it out of gas, they brought the bike to another shop when they couldn’t get it running. The previous shop shorted out the ECU and it needed to be replaced, the customer bought the new ECU and HD Pro-Tuner software. They loaded in the 1450 Standard map, but could not get the bike started, the fuel pump turns on when you first turn on the ignition, it then turns off after 5 seconds, then you crank the bike the fuel pump never turns back on, if you try to start the bike within the first 5 seconds when the fuel pump is on the bike runs but then shuts off when the fuel pump shuts off.

I spent quite a while trying to troubleshoot the bike but could not seem to find any problem other than the fuel pump does not come back on. Out of desperation I loaded in the map program for a 1340, now the fuel pump does the same thing, it turns on for 5 seconds and then turns off the difference is now when I crank the bike it starts and seems to run fine.

My concern is running the bike too lean with the 1340 program in it, so I'm wondering what is the difference between the two different files and why does the fuel pump turn on with the 1340 program and not with the 1450 file, the motor is a 1450. I am thinking there must be a different input that is needed to get the fuel pump to run between the two different map files but I’m not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.