In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

A Friend departs......Ronald C. Cash

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:46 AM
TraumaKing
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Friend departs......Ronald C. Cash

A friend departed Saturday the 27th of October. He was on a ride with his wife and others in the group stopped to take a break in York, Pa.. He stated he felt bad and then couldnt breathe........He then collapsed. Friends preformed CPR and they worked on him feverishly at York Hospital to no avail "Big Ronnie" had a massive heart attack and was gone. I knew him as a young man of 17 when he joined Junior Fire Co #2 in Frederick Maryland. I knew his family and friends but lost touch over the years. I do know that he went out doing what he loved "Ridin'that Hog"!He was but 36 years old.

[align=left][font=arial][color=black][size=2][/align][align=center]Ronald C. Cash[/align]
Ronald Curtis Cash, 36, of Fairfield, died suddenly on Saturday, Oct. 27, 2007 at the York Hospital, York. He was the husband of June Ann Neisser Cash, who he married July 4, 1992.
Born March 13, 1971 at Fort Dix, N.J., he was the son of Jack S. Jr. and Shirlee Ann Letts Cash of Mount Pleasant, Md. Ron was a 1989 graduate of Linganore High School and served in the United States Army during the Gulf War. He was assigned as an armored crew member of the M1 Abrams and was attached to the 30 Batt/70th Armored of the Fifth Infantry at Fort Polk, La. He was honorably discharged in 1992 and was currently assistant program coordinator of the Professional Truck Driver Program at Frederick Community College.
Ron had formerly been a member and active firefighter/EMT with Junior Fire Company, Frederick, Md. and the Libertytown Volunteer Fire Company. He was also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
“Big Ronnie,” as he was known to many friends, was also an avid motorcycle rider and a member of Southern Cruisers, The Patriot Guard and Operation God Bless America Color Guard and ABATE. He was also involved with Revolutionary War re-enacting and had competed in Competitive Rifle Shooting.
He was funny and out-going in life, enjoyed time spent with friends and was a loving and devoted father and husband.
Besides his wife and parents, he is survived by his daughter, Mollie Louise Cash, at home; sisters, Regina Cortez and husband Ron, of Mount Pleasant, Audra Bartholomew and husband Scott of Gresham, Ore., Elizabeth Cash, of Mount Pleasant and Sharon Cash, of White Marsh, Md.; a number of nieces and nephews and a host of devoted, special friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Ronald Curtis and Nina Letts.
Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at the Keeney and Basford Funeral Home, 106 E. Church St., Frederick, Md. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers please make monetary donations to Mollie Cash in memory of her father, Ron Cash and send to 7 Blue Gill Trail, Fairfield, PA 17320.

&nb

Old 11-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Steve and Jayne
Stage I
Default RE: A Friend departs......Ronald C. Cash

I went with Ron to get his first bike in Richmond some years ago and when entering the garage we saw a bike with missing parts and other various ills. Looking at Ron I knew we were going to load the " just ridden yesterday " bike in the truck. 3 Hours later we were shooting starting fluid in it till the carbs were clean and she was puttering right along. I have known Ron and June awhile now and I tell everyone reading this they are just good people. ron's "on my way" worked both ways with us, he came when I needed and I returned the favor. I miss my friend, P.I.C. ( partner in crime), more so I will always miss the 8-9 hour shooting sessions we had on the range.
God Speed my friend

Steve

Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 AM
The Punisher
Banned

Steve, I am sorry to here of the passing of your freind. It is always hard to hear about someone in public safety dying at such a young age.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 PM
ironbyron
Tourer

Sorry to hear of your friends passing, so young too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24908/1BF2E077C39244078BE1013448D6828A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Condolences to his friends and family.