In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

IMO Joanne Donohue

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts
Cool IMO Joanne Donohue

Joanne Donohue, 71, passed quietly at her home on Key Largo on Friday. She leaves behind her husband John, and two children, Jen and Curt.

My Mom was always a biker at heart. At 7 years old I was on the back of her Yamaha 100. When I was 8 she crossed some railroad tracks on 137th Ave, in Miami, back before the Zoo or anything else was out there, and had a rear blowout. With me on the back she managed to keep the bike up and saved us from some road rash or worse.

My dad got scared of the bikes after a friend of his crashed his Honda. So the bikes got sold. After he and Mom divorced, she married a guy named Gerry Ness who had an Ultra dresser. That bike, with me sitting on it, used to be in my avatar. Gerry and I used to go out on the bike to shoot pool and drink beers when I was a kid. He gave me a ride on the back when I went to the recruiters office to go through Aafes and off to the Air Force. Gerry passed in 88, and the bike had been sold the year previous.

After he passed, she moved down to the Keys, and remarried, and that's where she was up until she passed.

I also have a half brother named Terry Tennant, who I have never met. He was my mom's first child, and is 8 years older than I am, which puts him at about 54, if he is still around.

SHe was also an avid CBer back in the 70s, Lady Show Biz was her handle, and she worked at Sy's shop in Cutler Ridge, managing the little Post Office they had there. She also tended bar at the Black Angus, and a few other places.

I am certain she'll be remembered by many. No memorial service is planned. Godspeed to you, mom.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Stretch, my condolences man. Hope you have lots of good memories.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:45 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sending up prayers for God to give you strength.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May our LORD give you peace. Very sorry about your loss, it will be a sad day when my mother passes. Allow the LORD to speak to your heart during this time.
Take care man. There is someone up there who cares about us and what is going on in your life.
paul

Old 08-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stretchman, sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have some fond memories.
Hope you heal quickly. She'll always be with you!

Brett

Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts

Thanx all. It's been over a month. I can't remember her anymore.

For us, that's a good sign. May she rest in peace.