In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

Roll on Roland Shanks: A posting from his Facebook Wall

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 PM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Roll on Roland Shanks: A posting from his Facebook Wall

Roland took off on his Harley this morning at 6:35 am. He left the physical form in peace and not in pain. Alert and running the show in his last hours was just like Roland. He said on many occasions, "I do not think I will die of cancer, rather I will live with this crap as long as I can.". No words I can write seem ...to truely do him justice and honor. A great man! ---Roland's step-son Thomas

See More 12 hours ago via Facebook for iPhone ˇ Comment ˇLikeUnlike ˇ View Feedback (19)Hide Feedback (19)

All I can say is that this man had a real impact on Alaska and many people that were his coworkers. He also was very active in politics trying to help his communities get better services. The posting by his step son really sums up my experiences with him as a coworker and a friend.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:23 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like one hell of a guy, may Roland REST IN PEACE. Prayers for him and his family!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 PM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the comment and thoughts. Though he did not participate on HD Forum much he was always busy and working for several causes. The was very excited to ride his Harley when weather and health permitted. It seemed like it was yesterday (last summer) when he was so excited to tell me that he upgraded from a Sportster to a Softail. It was great that he got the new bike to ride and enjoy before the end.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:55 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by h01waterman
Thanks for the comment and thoughts. Though he did not participate on HD Forum much he was always busy and working for several causes. The was very excited to ride his Harley when weather and health permitted. It seemed like it was yesterday (last summer) when he was so excited to tell me that he upgraded from a Sportster to a Softail. It was great that he got the new bike to ride and enjoy before the end.
Amen Bro. may he ride on!