Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

A little bird told me.....say it's true!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default A little bird told me.....say it's true!

Did my friend (not really) 09Dynaman get himself banned from the forum?
If so, I guess it was because he kept shooting off at the mouth until admin said 'that's enough'..
Good riddance I say!
pg

Old 04-01-2010, 04:39 AM
shepdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:49 AM
hog4u
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O' Ray can now RIP. too bad, He did have some good thoughts, but the acted the same way on other parts of hdforums.

Pat

Old 04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
blwcapped
Advanced

I read 09 on a thread and I couldn't believe it?? Then I was readin "75 gearcase" and here he is again. I posted my opinion in fancy english. I wondered if he was a smart as he boasted. I'm a school teacher so I can make with those $50 words if necessary. He never got back to me.

Well great. I finally figured out where I want to go with my 71 XLCH, so I'm looking forward to more help and advice. Tahnks again to all for your help

No more

PS: PG I'm going to be needin some Mikuni advice. Got one off ebay. Goin to run the keihin for a few months so I can ride, but the Mikuni goin on.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blwcapped
I read 09 on a thread and I couldn't believe it?? Then I was readin "75 gearcase" and here he is again. I posted my opinion in fancy english. I wondered if he was a smart as he boasted. I'm a school teacher so I can make with those $50 words if necessary. He never got back to me.

Well great. I finally figured out where I want to go with my 71 XLCH, so I'm looking forward to more help and advice. Tahnks again to all for your help

No more

PS: PG I'm going to be needin some Mikuni advice. Got one off ebay. Goin to run the keihin for a few months so I can ride, but the Mikuni goin on.
Great! I think you are going to love that Mikuni.
Did you buy one from the guy who is selling them for $219 plus $15 shipping? That is a great price by the way.
It is also difficult to find a seller of Mikuni carb kits.

If you have any questions about it I will be happy to try to answer the question. Just make a post.
pg
EDIT NOTE: Oh yes, Terry banned the guy (09) after a number of complaints were made. Like hog4u said, he carried on at other sites in the same way.

Last edited by piniongear; 04-01-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added edit note.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 PM
blwcapped
Advanced
Talking

I bought the mikuni on ebay with adapter and manifold. ($50.00). I need air cleaner and cable. Got a line on throttle cable and K&N makes an air cleaner for the 38mm with the traditional Harley circular air filter. It fits right on the mikuni. I will need to make a bracket. I found the ironhead part of the other sire and read your posts about the mikuni and air cleaner.

I have been buying parts like drunken sailor. I need to make a place to work on it in my garage. (Just bought a condo and have a garage for the first time in 30 years, long story) I need to get a couple of tools so I can do small fabrication. When I start to do it I'll post. Hey man tahnks again for your support so far. Take care.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:06 AM
1200efi
Tourer
Smile

Originally Posted by piniongear
Did my friend (not really) 09Dynaman get himself banned from the forum?
If so, I guess it was because he kept shooting off at the mouth until admin said 'that's enough'..
Good riddance I say!
pg
PG, I wondered what all that laughing was coming from your neck of the woods. (hee hee)

Old 04-02-2010, 07:19 AM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blwcapped
I bought the mikuni on ebay with adapter and manifold. ($50.00). I need air cleaner and cable. Got a line on throttle cable and K&N makes an air cleaner for the 38mm with the traditional Harley circular air filter. It fits right on the mikuni. I will need to make a bracket. I found the ironhead part of the other sire and read your posts about the mikuni and air cleaner.

I have been buying parts like drunken sailor. I need to make a place to work on it in my garage. (Just bought a condo and have a garage for the first time in 30 years, long story) I need to get a couple of tools so I can do small fabrication. When I start to do it I'll post. Hey man tahnks again for your support so far. Take care.
One thing you will need is a throttle cable with a 90° elbow to be able to run the cable under the gas tank. When I bought my Mikuni the cable and elbow came together as a unit.
My understanding today is that since you can buy the elbow as a separate piece (approx $8) the cable end must be able to be moved through it. On my cable the end is too large to move it through the ell, thus making it a one piece affair.

Then you will need to connect the carb to the manifold.
Since you bought a manifold with it, I assume that this manifold has three similar faces......i.e., non flanged. If that is the case then you install the new manifold in place of the original flanged one. A rubber boot (looks like a hose) connects the carb to the manifold using hose clamps to seal it.

pg

Old 04-02-2010, 04:37 PM
bucaman
Cruiser
Default 'Bout Time

I agree with all. I too wanted to jump into his noise but I chose to ignore him, as best I could.
I could not figure his angle. Seemed to have some useful knowledge but what an AHOLE.

Bucaman

Old 04-02-2010, 08:43 PM
frozno
Banned

Sometimes old guys who know old bikes are a little crusty. Get over it. They may have earned the right to be candid. When I was having my old XL restored the shop owner was a f'ing nightmare but he new his **** and took a diabolical delight in trying to set me up to fail or make a mistake.

Nobody said old bikers have great social skills and I notice restraint of pen and tongue rarely extends to the keyboard.

Quick Reply: A little bird told me.....say it's true!