J&M Motorcycle Audio Providing the industry's best motorcycle audio products for 32 years. If you have any questions for J&M, reach out directly to John here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 channel or 4 channel amp?

Old 08-04-2015, 10:40 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

morogold ,,,,

I apologize for the slightly inexperienced staff on the phones this week at our headquarters in Tucson.

I have most of the regular crew at the Sturgis rally with the BIG J&M Trailer set up at black hills HD in Rapid City.

you will need BOTH of the wiring harnesses that I specified above.

and you do NOT need to send your amplifier back to us for adjustment after the radio flash, I am personally going to walk you thru the simple amp adjustments as soon as you get your Harley radio flashed and your lower speakers installed and ROKKIN.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:41 AM
morogold
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John...please let me know if I can use the harness that is provided with HD Boom audio fairing lower speaker kit (part 7600487) to plug into the 330w amp I installed. Not that I don't want to purchase your products(I would prefer), the lower fairings I purchased do not come with a ported tray that encloses the sound within the fairing. I can not by this tray separately...I have to buy the whole kit which includes speakers and harness. The replacement speakers u sell are to replace only the harley speaker....and doesn't take into consideration the tray.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:59 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

morogold ,,,,,,

if you already have the LOWER fairing speaker harness from Harley, like this one, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....AWH-HSGU14-LWR then you do NOT need the J&M version, as the J&M & Harley harness are pretty much exactly the same including plugs, wire colors etc ,,,,,,

you WILL however need the J&M in-series harness to tie is all together http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....HLRK-6652-ISCH ,,,,,

Old 08-09-2015, 09:17 PM
morogold
Advanced

Had to order HD Boom lower fairing speaker kit at this time. Won't be getting the fairings and speaker mount for another 4 weeks and will ask for your help to get the most out of this set-up.
Would like to let u know that the amp and fairing speakers I have installed are sounding real clear and strong and when I hook up the lowers it should sound even more so.
It's odd that some itunes music downloads sound better than others.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:44 PM
morogold
Advanced

Hello John....got the HD speakers and harness connected. At this point I would like to adjust the gain as u mentioned for the lowers. Can u walk me through it with a simple explanation. I'll probably buy your speakers down the line, but I would like to get the best out of what I have now.
Thanks

Old 09-01-2015, 12:16 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

morogold ,,,,,,

on the side of the ROKKER XXR 330w amp, remove the far left sticker covering the input gain screw ,,,,,,,,

the left side slot of that screw should be at the 9-9:30 position on a clock dial ,,,,,,

with the 2 sets of front speakers wired in series, rotate that gain screw ever so slightly clockwise to take that same flat to the 10:30 position, but no higher ,,,,,, as turning it too high will make very short life for those Harley Boom speakers ,,,,,

please let me know how you do ,,,,,,,

Old 09-18-2015, 08:35 PM
morogold
Advanced

I meant to get back to u. I tweaked the gain ever so slightly to bring up the volume on the lowers....sounds good to me...very pleased. Downloaded some cd's via time machine in my mac to a usb...good clarity and separation.
Not sure why some bash your products. I especially like not having to go for dealer flash.
Thanks for your help.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:52 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

morogold ,,,,,,

you are very welcome ,,,, please let us know anytime that we can be of service ,,,,,