J&M Motorcycle Audio Providing the industry's best motorcycle audio products for 32 years. If you have any questions for J&M, reach out directly to John here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Corp/HD-Forums VIP Tech Assist & Cust Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:46 PM
ncpi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, Swampfox asked if you will be at the MB Bike Rally, can you answer? I would love to get a full system in my 2016 road glide CVO ultra.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:27 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

NCPI ,,,,,,,

very sorry that we are so swamped this time of year ,,,,,,, I should have answered sooner ,,,,

J&M will NOT be at Myrtle Beach ,,, and I wish we were ! ,,,,,,,,

things have just never recovered from the disaster the city put upon themselves and we are waiting ,,,, but noit yet this year ,,,,,,,

Old 04-23-2016, 08:34 AM
COZWV
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my Amp and Radio back yesterday and installed (mostly) last night. Radio flashed and non-greenband RCA wire. Sounds very good now. Actually so loud it hurts my ears in the garage! This is now what I was expecting from hearing other J&M Systems. No more mushy bass

I still don't agree that your Website is clear at all on a radio flash being necessary to get the premium sound that it should be pushing but glad we got it resolved although it cost me another $150 for shipping and flash.

Last edited by COZWV; 04-23-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:22 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

COZWV ,,,,,,

I work hard to make the website as clear as possible on this very subject, which is to say that all J&M ROKKER amplifiers come out of the box set up for the stock Harley FLASH ,,, period, and all plug-n-play ,,,,,,

but for riders like yourself who want to take all of this just one step further in audio system performance, we offer the special J&M Audio FLASH to your Harley Infotainment radio ,,,,, as per this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MsC1naLYY ,,,,,,

I apologize again for all of the confusion on this ,,,,,,,

Old 06-24-2016, 05:08 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Jmjohn, is the special flash available through email? I have the diag4 bike software so could do the flash myself. Right now I just have Polk audio 6.5 in fairing with the pbr300x2 amp in a 14 SGS. Am wanting to upgrade to your 2 speaker system soon

Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

CJ ,,,,,,

if you have the diag4bike digital technician, do you see the menu option in the audio section as "J&M Audio Custom" ,,,,,,

it is also shown at the end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MsC1naLYY ,,,,,,

Old 06-24-2016, 10:42 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
CJ ,,,,,,

if you have the diag4bike digital technician, do you see the menu option in the audio section as "J&M Audio Custom" ,,,,,,

it is also shown at the end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MsC1naLYY ,,,,,,
Yep I saw it shortly after I made that post lol I just got the diag4bike and am still learning it. Went to flash and am now waiting for the "special functions" approval. Thanks for he reply

Old 06-26-2016, 11:16 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

oh I know ,,, they guard those "special functions" for the radio Flashes, the same as disabling the "security" on the bike !

the radio FLASH options are a big deal for Harley and equally a big deal for the Diag4bike folks, as everyone wants to "pirate" their hard work and Harley tries to force people to buy ONLY Harley brand speakers & amplifiers ,,,,,

let me know when you get all of the diag4bike functiions working and I will walk you thru it the first time ,,,,,,,

Old 06-29-2016, 09:47 AM
2deuceguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
oh I know ,,, they guard those "special functions" for the radio Flashes, the same as disabling the "security" on the bike !

the radio FLASH options are a big deal for Harley and equally a big deal for the Diag4bike folks, as everyone wants to "pirate" their hard work and Harley tries to force people to buy ONLY Harley brand speakers & amplifiers ,,,,,

let me know when you get all of the diag4bike functiions working and I will walk you thru it the first time ,,,,,,,
Well I got it all figured out and flashed two streetglides. Followed your video that details that and the factory reset. Big improvement in sound. Thanks for the help

Old 07-06-2016, 12:13 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

you are very welcome ,,,,, and just for your info, J&M has new STAGE-4 ROKKER XXR "KITS" for 2014-2016 Harleys, all tuned and ready to go with the special Diag4bike J&M Audio Custom FLASH ,,,,,,,

new J&M KITS page is here http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=57 ,,,,, and we will also be listing kits for the 2014-2016 CVO Ultras on this page ,,,,,,,,,