Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Who is using Long Ride Shields?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 540 Posts

I picked up a recurve over the holidays at the time you were giving that great deal. Same height as the stocker on my FLHR, but it seems to be about an 1 1/2'' narrower. I think I'm getting a bit more noise than before....

Old 02-20-2015, 02:47 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I am sorry that you are having issues with our shield. The road kind shield is a 1/2" narrower than our shield. Unfortunately we can not make them any wider at this time. If you are not happy with the shield you can return; however since its been installed there is a restocking fee.

Thank you

www.longrideshields.com

Old 02-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-2
I am sorry that you are having issues with our shield. The road kind shield is a 1/2" narrower than our shield. Unfortunately we can not make them any wider at this time. If you are not happy with the shield you can return; however since its been installed there is a restocking fee.

Thank you
NO, No, No!! I am not having a issue/problem with the shield, just an observation. Actually looking forward to riding in some rain to see how it flips the spray over my head. Thanks again for the great deal!!!!

Old 02-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the 16" medium tint on my 10' RK and love it. I couldn't stand looking through the stock shield and this one is perfect, can see right over it yet all the bugs and road junk go right over my head! Looks good on the bike too! What else can you ask for? Great price especially compared to the competition! Keep up the good work.

Attached Thumbnails Who is using Long Ride Shields?-lrs.jpg  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:05 PM
harleyultra1969
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought your 9" Ultra Elite in dark smoke, but haven't put it on the bike yet since it's still torn apart for my winter upgrades.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Websteride
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the 9" Light Tint Ultra Elite Polycarbonate. I have been attempting to reduce buffeting at highway speeds. I have already installed batwing deflectors and triple tree baffle. The LRS windshield is about a 1/2" taller than my current shield. I'm hoping the added height and recurve will do the trick. The LRS is installed but still waiting for the weather to break to test it out. Two comments I have are that it was my understanding that leaving the wrap on allowed you to test for fit and performance and still return if unacceptable. Unfortunately the wrap is so bulky at the bottom it would be difficult to mount it securely enough to test it out at highway speed. Secondly, and this is a USPS issue not LRS, but I believe I paid for two-day priority shipping and it took over a week to receive the windshield from when it was picked up by USPS. I like the look of the windshield and it's a perfect height for me to look over. I will provide an update on performance once I get it out on the road.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
RANGERRICK
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by longrideshields-2
We just want to see who out there who has our windshield, which one they are using with what model bike. If you guys have any questions , comments , suggestions. If you have interest in purchasing one !

Send us pics and tell us all..

Thanks guys!
I am thinking of getting a 20" medium grey for my Road King . Do you have any pictures of this size on a Road King ??
Thanks

RR

Old 02-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Fatboy1389
Road Warrior
Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a clear 18" recurve Heritage "B" on the 1995 ... great shield and I was really happy with the personal customer service provided by James over the phone when I ordered it. It wasn't even listed on the website and James found one in stock, it was tinted and he had another clear made the next day, shipped via Airborne and I was on the bike that weekend !
Two friends have purchased, 2 shields each for their new bikes after seeing mine.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,268 Likes on 1,264 Posts

I'm using the LRS Elite 18" with light tint.

I have zero complaints on the shield. I ride an FLD so just had to switch out the hardware on the stock shield to the LRS unit.

While I was getting buffeting on the stock shield, the new unit reduces it considerably. Did a run over the summer from northeast, NJ to Montreal and then down to the Dragon and back to NJ. The screen worked as advertised. I can't see myself riding with out it.

Nice product!

Ken

Old 03-02-2015, 12:27 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGERRICK
I am thinking of getting a 20" medium grey for my Road King . Do you have any pictures of this size on a Road King ??
Thanks

RR
Here is a pic of the 20" clear...check our site for tint colors..if you have any questions feel free to email us at anytime.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Who is using Long Ride Shields?