Long Ride Shields Long Ride Shields maintains the goal of offering high quality custom windshields for owners of Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Delays?

Old 02-23-2014, 03:58 PM
aeholton
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delays?

I see the Message on your website:

"WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES,
THEREFORE YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE"

What kind of delays are we talking about? I would like to order a windshield for my '92 Electra Glide.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM
pjim
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Me too

Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 PM
aeholton
3rd Gear

Well, I took a chance and placed my order on Sunday evening. Pleasantly surprised when the mail lady delivered my new windshield today.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Alabiker
Novice

It's just some models. I ordered an Elite model for my RK on 2/25 and have been told that it might be the end of March before they can fill the order.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:13 AM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 276 Posts

I have been waiting almost a month for my Heritage shield, ordered it on 2/9. Is still too crappy to ride here but still would like to get it installed before it is time to ride.

Last I heard was the first fix on their cutting laser didnt fix the problem and they were trying the next thing but if you were told the end of March that was more than I have heard.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Alabiker
Novice

"WE ARE EXPERIENCE PRODUCTION DELAYS FOR ROAD KINGS,ROAD KING ELITES,MAKO,UNIVERSALS,HERITAGE, YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED TILL END OF MARCH. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

I went onto my account page at their website and they had added that info to my receipt. I am not in that big of a hurry, but I don't really like that they charged my card back on 2/27 for a shield they aren't going to ship for a month. And the site says that no changes can be made to the order because it has already been processed.

Really hope the shield is nice.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alabiker
"WE ARE EXPERIENCE PRODUCTION DELAYS FOR ROAD KINGS,ROAD KING ELITES,MAKO,UNIVERSALS,HERITAGE, YOUR ORDER MAY BE DELAYED TILL END OF MARCH. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

I went onto my account page at their website and they had added that info to my receipt. I am not in that big of a hurry, but I don't really like that they charged my card back on 2/27 for a shield they aren't going to ship for a month. And the site says that no changes can be made to the order because it has already been processed.

Really hope the shield is nice.
I hope the Shield is as good as they say they are and I am looking forward to it. I also paid for mine quite some time ago, and not in a big hurry either but since has been a month getting a little impatient. Hopefully mine should be one of the first ones out the door since I have been waiting so long already.

My only real complaint is I wished the communication was a little better, if it wasn't for me contacting them I wouldn't have known anything.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:58 PM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Surprised LRS hasn't addressed the issue here. Or posted an update.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 AM
lemonade_07flstc
Extreme HDF Member

I have PM'ed them several times over the course of the Month that I have been waitning. Yesterday they sent me a PM saying that everything that was back-ordered has been shipped unless you had custom etching done. I have a tracking number so once I receive the shield I will review and put it on here.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Alabiker
Novice

Haven't bothered checking lately about the shipping status, but actually got my shield today. Took the old one apart and polished the hardware up some, and put the LR shield on. Beautiful shield. Since it was too far after 5 o'clock somewhere, will give it a test drive later, but it looks great. Think I'm gonna love this thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Delays?