Memphis Shades Memphis Shades brings you a whole new level of style when it comes to custom motorcycle windshields, fairings and accessories. The quality, style, selection and custom mounting hardware sets these products apart from the pack.They are the clear choice for riders who want a stylish custom windshield or fairing for their motorcycle. Made with LuciteŽ for unmatched clarity and weather resistance. No matter if you ride a big-inch cruiser or a stylish street custom Memphis Shades has the perfect windshield, fairing or accessory for your bike and riding style.

Problem with my windshield - again.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:38 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,989 Likes on 2,814 Posts
Default Problem with my windshield - again.

I sent an email but haven't gotten a reply and I hoped you guys still stopped by here.

A while back I had a problem with my Memphis Shades smoke tinted windshield. It was crazing and had what looked liked stress marks all through
the lower tinted area. At that time Mike was kind enough the send me a replacement. All was going well until recently. Over the last few months the replacement
windshield is doing the same thing only worse and this time the tinted area has faded badly to an almost blue color. At first glance one might think that the marks are from dead
bugs being left on the windshield but up close in person you can see that the defects are in the plastic and not on the surface. The clear portion of the windshield
remains in perfect condition. Here's what it looks like.

Is this something that you folks have seen on a regular basis? It seems strange this would happen to me twice. My bike is kept in a garage, not out in the elements and I don't expose the windshield to any harsh chemicals. Is there some way we can remedy this problem? I know first hand that Memphis Shades customer service is top shelf and I just can't imagine what's happening to the windshield.

Info on the windshield is as follows:
Model - MEP 6121
Lot - CS71427
DOT - 309-AS6

Old 08-27-2018, 05:53 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

UPDATE.

I got an email back from Mike at Memphis Shades. He is already setting up a replacement order for me! You gotta love that company. You rarely see attention to customer service like this these days.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

UPDATE.

I received another windshield and I'm good to go thanks to Mike at Memphis Shades.

The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (09-26-2018)