Sponsored by:

Stage 1 air cleaner and mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:44 PM
slimatsea
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by goose222
I was told that by Fuel Moto personally and I am quite sure they know a lot more than you and me both. That's who does my **** on all my bikes and there name pretty much speaks for it self
It's funny when people say stuff like that when they don't realize they're talking to the guy that invented the TTS. Not knocking Jamie, I like all of FM's stuff too. But how about we call FM's knowledge and Steve's know how a tie?

The following users liked this post:
RoadKingFL (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 06:02 AM
RoadKingFL
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I always find it funny on this forum how people blindingly follow Fuel Moto and their products. People who really don't have a clue but "swear by Jamie and FM". I'm not knocking FM here, it's a free country do what you do. But a lot of people on here need to learn some history and understand who Steve/TTS is and what he's done and knows. TTS is far and away the best tuning product out there, especially when you have a knowledgeable tuner. And that's not **ck riding, that's fact.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:08 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by goose222
I was told that by Fuel Moto personally and I am quite sure they know a lot more than you and me both. That's who does my **** on all my bikes and there name pretty much speaks for it self
Do you know who Steve Cole is? Like slimatsea said, I appreciate all that Jamie and Fuel Moto do and I am a customer of theirs. But I think it is safe to say no one knows more about this stuff than Steve Cole.

Old 01-30-2017, 07:38 AM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I do all the work on my buddies M8. Are you guys doing a full SE intake kit with backing plate and all? Has anyone tried retaining the stock air filter housing and just replacing the filter element with a SE high flow filter? Are the gains similiar?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:01 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,521 Likes on 4,423 Posts

Originally Posted by BezerkoBob
I do all the work on my buddies M8. Are you guys doing a full SE intake kit with backing plate and all? Has anyone tried retaining the stock air filter housing and just replacing the filter element with a SE high flow filter? Are the gains similiar?
usually the air cleaner intake system and filter upgrades work together to achieve performance gains...just adding a stock sized freer flowing air filter element alone to the stock intake isn't likely to achieve any noticeable gain, and wouldn't filter out fine contaminants as well..not a trade off I'd be interested in

Last edited by mjwebb; 01-30-2017 at 09:14 AM.
BezerkoBob (01-31-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 09:27 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by BezerkoBob
As of now I don't think anybody offers a filter option to keep the OEM M8 back plate, ie the big black back plate and lower housing. All three of Harleys current offerings include a back plate. Even the one that looks like a wedge has it's own back plate but it allows one to use the chrome cover.

So here I set waiting on my V&H VO2 Naked to ship from Fuel-Moto to go with my Eliminators and FP3.

BezerkoBob (01-31-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 06:42 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingFL
I always find it funny on this forum how people blindingly follow Fuel Moto and their products. People who really don't have a clue but "swear by Jamie and FM". I'm not knocking FM here, it's a free country do what you do. But a lot of people on here need to learn some history and understand who Steve/TTS is and what he's done and knows. TTS is far and away the best tuning product out there, especially when you have a knowledgeable tuner. And that's not **ck riding, that's fact.
You go with who you like and trust and so will I and for me it's Fuel Moto and Jamie. Pretty simple to me.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:00 PM
KCHD1
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2017 Road King Stage 1

I bought the 2017 Road King back in September when they first came out and I did a full stage 1 at the dealer before I took delivery.( Actually I have never ridden a stock M8 107) I traded my 2014 HO 103 and have not looked back runs great, I did a complete hi flow air cleaner and reused the OEM outer chrome cover, street cannons, and the tuner 3300 miles and no issues I am very happy with it.As to the Street Cannons I have had them on my last two Road Kings and love them and yes they do get louder with age. I would have used my old ones but they went to 4.5" from 4".

psyshack (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 09:40 AM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

I just kept the same air cleaner and installed the V&H Twin Slash Rounds. I figure with the new motor and more cubic inches I will be very pleased.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:26 PM
HockeyCoach
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dyno Results

Originally Posted by martin10
Any dyno results yet on a stage 1 kitted bike? Some people have had the Stage 1 air cleaner and mufflers installed but if there are any dyno results I have missed them.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...yno-chart.html

Quick Reply: Stage 1 air cleaner and mufflers