Sponsored by:

need help with back off module

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Drodrigueznyc
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Default need help with back off module

having a bit of difficulty installing the back off brake flasher module on the M8 SGS. i'm trying to make the rear brake light/turn signals flash whenever i apply hand or foot brakes. I have done this install on both my Triumph Bonneville and Harley Breakout with no problem. the wiring on those bikes was easy to figure out. unfortunately the SGS has me stumped. saw some youtube videos of similar installs on older street glides (red/yellow wire) but it didn't work on my bike. red/yellow does not seem to be the one here.

does anyone know which color wire, and exact location, of main brakes? i need one primary wire that feeds the brake lights for both hand brake and foot brake controls. red/orange on this bike was not the one. under the seat and next to the ECM I found the red/yellow wire as noted in the video with the older bike but that didn't work. And next to that were two other wires that when tested did light up the brake light but only one side at a time. no other lines in that family of wires activated the brake lights. the wire must be located somewhere else. side panel maybe?