Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which One RK/SG

Old 12-28-2016, 11:58 AM
riknbeth
Road Master
Received 189 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
RK Blue Silver, Just don't like The Dallas Cowboy colors.

http://www.bartlesvilleharley-davids...=xAllInventory

SG Black, Don't like the fact that the Glides drag there ***'s around and there seats suck for the wife and I two up.

http://www.bartlesvilleharley-davids...=xAllInventory

The dealer I'm buying from is giving me a great deal on what ever I choose out of stock. Blue and Silver is ok, sort of and they wont be getting a Black RK for some time.

I like the SG's. But it ****'s me off a tad that the seat is going to need replacing right off the bat and at min. it will have to have RK rear shocks put on it. I've already drug the bags on a buddys SG,,, of course after he drug them riding it to my place after he bought it. Put my 265 lb *** on a SG even with preload cranked up i can still compress the rear pretty hard in a corner.

I just wish the wife had bought one or the other for me for Christmas and I didn't have to decide.
Go with an Ultra Limited. Better color choices and super comfy!

Old 12-28-2016, 06:30 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,825 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
I'm completely biased, so take it FWIW. Hands down the RK. Although I agree with you on the two tone Blue & Silver. It's not bad, but Vivid Black or Silver looks simply amazing. Good luck!
Oh yes it does , my shovels silver and there's a silver 17 RK sitting on the floor at Dudley Perkins I'm going to see about this weekend. Think the pair will look rather good together in my garage.

http://dpchd.com/Motorcycles-Harley-...b-a69f0175d3d7

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 12-28-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:34 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,503 Likes on 4,414 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Oh yes it does , my shovels silver and there's a silver 17 RK sitting on the floor at Dudley Perkins I'm going to see about this weekend. Think the pair will look rather good together in my garage.

I came real close to buying the Red or Silver one but took a deep breath and walked away from buying, then came to my senses two days later and bought an Orange one..LOL

Old 12-28-2016, 07:09 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

There wont be a full dresser. That will not happen. I thought that one over very hard. Thought about getting the base full tour rig and then putting the trunk conversion on it and having a Street Glide as it should be instead of a *** dragger want to be, with a good seat.

But the bottom line is,,, I'm not wasting any money on Harley accessory at all. No Harley over priced back rest and docking hardware, no screaming turkey crap. And if they balk at warranty I will see them in court. I've had to deal with GM over one of there junk cars and they blamed everybody but themselves for the craptastic mega junk they built. It did not go well for them. Had it shipped back to Dicktriot and dropped in the parking lot. Tried to say a K&N Filter caused the transmission and v6 cooling system to fail and tried the epa angle.

I'm leaning twords the RK. Going up Saturday to get a deal hammered out in writing and then put down/hold money on it. A month or so ago I had the cash in hand. But after the Tulsa dealers pissed me off with there rip off pricing and stuck up tude I put the money back in the market. I've sold that stock now at a profit and the wire transfer should be complete Monday. Then it will be back up to a honest forth right dealer to pay for the bike in full and ride it home.

I should have the Stage One parts bought from J&P next week and have them in hand before I pick up the Scooter. Going to get a set of Eliminators, FP3 and Naked Kit Air Cleaner. After talking with a bunch of old buddys. Im going to order the Hog Workz dock and back rest next week also.

The whole time the wife just can't believe I'm buying a Harley. She has it in her mind I really want a R1, Busa or M109. lolololol As she has already laid claim to a new living room suite. Womenz

Old 12-29-2016, 04:16 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Default Hell yeah..

Originally Posted by mjwebb
I do a lot of Touring and no longer care to have a fairing/stereo. Road King is a better ride for Touring. Fork Rake isn't as tucked in, bigger tires and wheels, more rear suspension travel, not to mention at least $5000 less. I'm surprised they even categorize the SG and RG's as Touring bikes to be honest. now a RG Ultra is a different story

I just went from a 15 RK to a 17 RGU.. The RGU - Best HD Winnebago I have ever ridden...

The following 3 users liked this post by uncle kebo:
02603SEC (01-21-2017), mjwebb (12-29-2016), psyshack (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 04:46 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

I had an 04 FLHRI that I absolutely loved. I'm still kicking myself for selling it. The thing ran great, got ridiculous gas mileage (stock 88 with cams) and handled awesome! It had a lot of suspension upgrades and a touring link. I now have the M8 RGS and am still getting to know it. So far I like it a lot. The fairing is nice and having music is cool. Although I find myself not playing it more than I do. I think the Glide is more about aesthetic appeal and luxury stuff and the King is more about a sleeker, more nimble touring bike. I could go either way because I have a Glide but my first love was a King.

Old 12-29-2016, 07:21 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
I just went from a 15 RK to a 17 RGU.. The RGU - Best HD Winnebago I have ever ridden...
HD Winnebago,,, Like That LMFAO!

Old 12-29-2016, 09:11 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

Oh man...you're going to LOVE that bike! Waiting patiently for pics of the two.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:09 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
There wont be a full dresser. That will not happen. I thought that one over very hard. Thought about getting the base full tour rig and then putting the trunk conversion on it and having a Street Glide as it should be instead of a *** dragger want to be, with a good seat.

But the bottom line is,,, I'm not wasting any money on Harley accessory at all. No Harley over priced back rest and docking hardware, no screaming turkey crap. And if they balk at warranty I will see them in court. I've had to deal with GM over one of there junk cars and they blamed everybody but themselves for the craptastic mega junk they built. It did not go well for them. Had it shipped back to Dicktriot and dropped in the parking lot. Tried to say a K&N Filter caused the transmission and v6 cooling system to fail and tried the epa angle.

I'm leaning twords the RK. Going up Saturday to get a deal hammered out in writing and then put down/hold money on it. A month or so ago I had the cash in hand. But after the Tulsa dealers pissed me off with there rip off pricing and stuck up tude I put the money back in the market. I've sold that stock now at a profit and the wire transfer should be complete Monday. Then it will be back up to a honest forth right dealer to pay for the bike in full and ride it home.

I should have the Stage One parts bought from J&P next week and have them in hand before I pick up the Scooter. Going to get a set of Eliminators, FP3 and Naked Kit Air Cleaner. After talking with a bunch of old buddys. Im going to order the Hog Workz dock and back rest next week also.

The whole time the wife just can't believe I'm buying a Harley. She has it in her mind I really want a R1, Busa or M109. lolololol As she has already laid claim to a new living room suite. Womenz
Count yourself lucky if it's just a new living room suite. My wife settled on a 2017 SGS when I traded in my CVO Breakout and got the CVO SG. I can't complain because she loves riding solo as much as I do so it is a win - win situation other than buying two new M8's just before Christmas.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Rokinrider
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Roadglide #sharknoserocks

Attached Thumbnails Which One RK/SG-img_0124.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which One RK/SG