Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When Going Stage II

Old 01-20-2017, 06:18 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by bwoltz
I'm leaning on the Tq cam, SE AC, and tuner at the first service. No SE mufflers The TQ cam still increases the HP up top over the stock cam. The biggest restriction is the cat in the header.. It's enough that freer flowing mufflers don't make any difference... Bet might see something if you knock the cat out but me wanting to keep the warranty and quiet sounds like a win - win.

if it doesn't work out with the stock mufflers, can always buy aftermarket.. One thing to note is that with the M8 heads flowing so well, the durations of these cams is mighty short and the cat really controls the exhaust flow.. This means that a wide range of exhausts can be used and performance/tune changes very little.
Thing I noticed with torque cam over stock is that it runs the torque out further. The stock cam falls on its face after 3500. I don't think you'll get a lot more hp without losing cat as that holds back the flow some but not sure what will happen with torque with cat removed.I like being over 100tq at 2200 waiting so see this setup without cat and if its worth it

Old 01-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,218 Likes on 3,603 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisinmann
Thing I noticed with torque cam over stock is that it runs the torque out further. The stock cam falls on its face after 3500. I don't think you'll get a lot more hp without losing cat as that holds back the flow some but not sure what will happen with torque with cat removed.I like being over 100tq at 2200 waiting so see this setup without cat and if its worth it
The SE catalog shows a 15 hp gain over stock with the TQ cam.. With a couple coming from the air cleaner, most is from the cam.. These new motors with the 4 valve heads and higher compression can make more HP with a stuffed up exhaust system.. Compare the cam specs.. Intake on the stock cam closes 1 degree ABDC, the TQ cam adds 16 degrees to intake close plus opens the exhaust 9 degrees earlier. That coupled with a higher CR will help to drive exhaust flow through the cat on the top end..

Old 04-18-2017, 04:59 PM
Mikekp
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cam help

I was also looking at the Stage II Kit along with the SE A/C and new Exhaust System just did not want the Power Cam so I went through the SE catalog and found SE8-462 CAM and was curious if there are any number on this. I understand that the Power Cam option is good for top end and the Torque Cam option is good for the low end, I was thinking that this could be somewhere in the middle. Not losing any low end and adding a little top end. If that is not the case would really like to know in order to get the right option. Thanks.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Mikekp
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking at doing the Stage I and II and was trying to figure out which cam would be better, the Torque or Power. I was planning on getting the SE A/C and a SE exhaust system, it moves the CATS away from the header and back into the muffler. I do not want to loss the low end torque but would like to add some top end and was looking through the SE catalog and found SE8-462 CAM, and was wondering if anyone has more information on this particular cam?