Sponsored by:

NEW SE Stage IV for M8's

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:08 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra61
My bike is in the shop waiting for the Stage 3 parts to show up.. they say 25th this month, not real happy about seeing this post, but ya gotta laugh at one's self at the greed to have the biggest bore and bamm now a stage IV lol. Steve great job at throwing this out their, I wonder about tuner mentioned, I'd think it will work for all bikes, I wonder if more peramiters would be available, before I buy the one that is out now? Of course I heard of the little "check" box on the power vision.. but has not been proven at my dealer, and they or I am not willing to be the ginny on my sled. lol Do we know more about this tuner? I agree about the higher RPM to enjoy the stage IV and I appreciate you pointing this out Steve!
Can you share more about the "check box"?

I learned something of value yesterday in regards to the PV-2. If purchasing licensing for your PV-2 for additional bikes or to for a new bike if you will, ( previously married to your old bike) The original tune that is saved in the PV-2 is only of the first bike it was ever married to. if trying to reload the original tune to a bike that it is only licensed to, the PV-2 will display "original tune can not be found". Contacted Dynojet and they were the ones that informed me that it is only the original tune of the first bike married to that it saves. Sending them the .stk file they were able to send me an original tune to re-flash to bike. Just thought I would share!

Old 01-21-2017, 06:32 PM
Hotwire
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my 17 RG Ultra back 3 days ago, so it has 30mi on the stage 3. I'm wondering if they have a stage 3 to 4 kit coming? I'm already at the 114" so no need for the jugs, pistons and all the other small odds and ends. I would just need the heads, gaskets, manifold, TB, and injectors?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:50 PM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotwire
I just got my 17 RG Ultra back 3 days ago, so it has 30mi on the stage 3. I'm wondering if they have a stage 3 to 4 kit coming? I'm already at the 114" so no need for the jugs, pistons and all the other small odds and ends. I would just need the heads, gaskets, manifold, TB, and injectors?
But why? For the cost to go from a Stage 3 to a Stage 4 the performance gain is going to be very minimal.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:21 AM
RoadKingFL
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Very interesting post. As it is with the HD charts, the gains are not worth the cost. But that's with an EPA tuner.
The more interesting part of this is HD offering cat-free headers and moving the cat back to the mufflers. So, do a muffler swap and now you have a free flowing exhaust, right?
That's a lot of bang for the buck for the parts you get. The cams are not where I would want the power but that's an easy fix. Lot of possibilities with this setup!

Old 01-23-2017, 05:20 PM
Hotwire
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
But why? For the cost to go from a Stage 3 to a Stage 4 the performance gain is going to be very minimal.

Your absolutely right, for way less, I can get a better header and intake, then have it up on a dyno for some proper tuning.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Hotwire
Your absolutely right, for way less, I can get a better header and intake, then have it up on a dyno for some proper tuning.
In the not so distant future there are going to be plenty of options for the M8 from an assortment of companies. The bar is going to be raised pretty quickly for exhaust, cams, tuning products, and other assorted components as the aftermarket comes to market.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra61
My bike is in the shop waiting for the Stage 3 parts to show up.. they say 25th this month, not real happy about seeing this post, but ya gotta laugh at one's self at the greed to have the biggest bore and bamm now a stage IV lol. Steve great job at throwing this out their, I wonder about tuner mentioned, I'd think it will work for all bikes, I wonder if more peramiters would be available, before I buy the one that is out now? Of course I heard of the little "check" box on the power vision.. but has not been proven at my dealer, and they or I am not willing to be the ginny on my sled. lol Do we know more about this tuner? I agree about the higher RPM to enjoy the stage IV and I appreciate you pointing this out Steve!
If your dealer/shop is working with you I would call them about the Stage IV NOW before the Stage III arrives. There is not much in the way of cost to upgrade and most dealers would do it in a heart beat for you. The parts included in this kit are very cheap and your not going to find them anywhere else for the price. The tuner isn't going to do much as it is still limited for EPA/ARB reasons. If your really thinking of doing it, now is the time as there is very little labor increase to do it over the Stage III. Most likely only 1 hour to install the clutch and springs that comes in the kit.

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
Eccool (01-24-2017), Ultra61 (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM
hikervt
Banned
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
In the not so distant future there are going to be plenty of options for the M8 from an assortment of companies. The bar is going to be raised pretty quickly for exhaust, cams, tuning products, and other assorted components as the aftermarket comes to market.
Thanks Fuel Moto. We are always happy to see your lower cost, top quality, high performance solutions come to market. Please keep us posted as your development continues to grow. To date, your M8 advancements have, as always, been very impressive!! Keep it up, we are watching..

The following users liked this post:
djrflooring (01-26-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 02:28 PM
slimatsea
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll be the guinea pig for the exhaust. I went in today and traded my 17 FLHR for a FLHTK. It's in the shop now getting the stage III kit, SE high flow AC, full compliment inner cam bearing that I can't believe STILL isn't standard issue and the SE exhaust with the shitty street tuner. Dealer price for everything installed and tuned was $4200 OTD. I'm hoping the bike will make 110/110. I know there are cheaper ways to achieve that level of performance in the aftermarket but I've reached that point in my life where I'll pay a little more for convenience. On Monday I'm buying the extended warranty from Surdyke and for the next 7 years I'll see how many parts let go touring 10K+ miles per year two up with camping gear.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:34 PM
mikear2012
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did the stage III a few weeks prior to the stag IV coming out. I am happy with the III

Quick Reply: NEW SE Stage IV for M8's