Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage IV on order ... But.. ? .. However.. !

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 AM
Royalt
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by grande78
stage 4 has been ordered . i called 1 dealer and was quoted 10 hours for the install . i will call the dealer i got the bike from to see how much they want for the install . 125 an hour x 10 is 1250 and another 2 hours for tuning so the total is 1500 what do you guy think ?
thanks,
alex
Alex Do you already have headers and exhaust on your m8 . I would want those first on my bike . But just call a few dealerships and ask them what they get . Its more important to have the work done by a master tec and done right than a discount price

Old 02-09-2017, 12:42 PM
grande78
Intermediate

hi Royalt stage 1 is one the m8 now . for the new exhaust Part Number 64800059 $1300 hmm i would like to see if the will sell just the header part and use the slip on that i already got . for the install I'm fine with the 1500 price i already ordered the stage 4 online and saved on the price and sales tax so that offsets the install for me .

Old 02-09-2017, 06:50 PM
slimatsea
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

hi Royalt stage 1 is one the m8 now . for the new exhaust Part Number 64800059 $1300 hmm i would like to see if the will sell just the header part and use the slip on that i already got . for the install I'm fine with the 1500 price i already ordered the stage 4 online and saved on the price and sales tax so that offsets the install for me .
The header from the full screamin eagle exhaust won't fit your slip ons. The mufflers need to have a 2" inlet on them. HArley made it so that you can't bolt their non cat headpipe to their non cat mufflers.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

You will be left w mufflers.. to make the headers work would require a weld job, and could be done.

POST 8 read on from there on this linkhttps://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...t-muffler.html

Old 02-10-2017, 06:45 AM
slimatsea
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

You could make the headers work but it would be a lot cheaper and easier to just buy an aftermarket header that doesn't have the cat.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:50 PM
grande78
Intermediate

Ultra61 any updates on the power ?? thanks

Old 02-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes.. we have an update from here in Sunny 68 degree PA .. just today I gathered up the bike and went through my break in for ring seal, whether you believe in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear pull too decelerate between pulls is irrelevant, for the job was well done and is done, there is no smoke and the engine is quiet, as a matter of fact none of my new sleds smoked.
Upon starting the bike and letting it warm a bit the idle was quite different almost to believe it wanted to be an EVO but didn't know how, that humored me some and thought maybe I would say something but chose to believe the single cam was doing just as it was designed to do. After my 20 miles I started my evaluation,I had a Stage III done on a Twin Cam that became disastrous, being I never rode the bike before they did the work, and it had a vibration that was not going away, no matter what I tried .. bike was gone in less than 1500 miles. I say this because the sled now with this Stage III was smooth before and is still smooth after .. that makes me very happy.
The power was getting better the more I rode it just today, it pulled very nicely threw all gears, and really stretched the forks moving through the gears .. as I was making my way towards the end of my ride and finding myself in smooth flowing traffic on a two lane, it was ready to pass at any given time in 5th gear .. the results I believe are shall we say a force to be reckoned with against any HD that has put bu$ks in for any Twin Cam w Cams, with High FlowHeads, and a FatCat .. I don't have these bragging rights to prove per say, but I've been there and done these bikes and I see no need to go out side the envelope of emissions for a fun ride.
My wife was not along but I did have the gear along which totals 95+ pounds about’s, and it was not finding any hesitation for pull out, or stutter (DID ISTUTTER? no! lol).
If ya have any specific questions, I will try and answer .. 2017 CVO 114ci to117ci Stage III, w adjustable HD pushrods .. still waiting on my widebands, backorder date mid April.
I have a video at idle and vibration at idle, I will try and post.

Last edited by Ultra61; 02-23-2017 at 03:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
grande78 (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member

At idle it gets alittle more lopy at end of video

Old 03-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,413 Likes on 1,566 Posts

So any more miles on it? How you liking it?

Old 03-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
So any more miles on it? How you liking it?
I did this time w my Lady 130miles .. She is a fantastic passenger in any given conditions, so to say she was along was not noticed by the pull-outs or throttling up .. I could aways use more, but I must settle, cause it is enough it really is. We bought this year looking to buy early release not knowing of the M8, but for handling, coming from a CVO 2012 Ultra.. we wanted new so we feel the luck of the draw was in our favor being our west trip is next year. so far so very good. We all are wishing more for ourselves in price, power, handling and the dreaded heat.. my fans are often on even in these cooler conditions. I can never be happy w the hydro clutch slip between gears, but research is showing AIM has a fix, so that money is spent and waiting for the 3 bolt hook and cook.. Thanks for asking, I doubt I will last a 7 year warranty epa reg. your asking means something more to me so we'll be talking again.

Quick Reply: Stage IV on order ... But.. ? .. However.. !