Sponsored by:

Cyclesmiths Banana Boards?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 03:50 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxdad
Sounds good I hope they work out for you. I had originally looked at footboard extenders that move the boards bout forward an inch or so an out, which would require trimming the bottom of the lowers. Not a big deal and on the ones that I saw which were cut out it was not really noticeable.

I wear a 13 boot and originally (before buying the RGU) figured I would for sure go the route of moving the boards both forward and out. When I got the bike I decided to ride it a bit and then make the decision, I am glad I did. After a couple of weeks and 1300 miles I came to the conclusion that moving the boards forward would not be any real advantage to me or justify spending what would amount to a couple hundred bucks and trimming the lowers.

When I am cruising down the highway my foot usually rest on the footboard with what amounts to my toes off the end but the ball of my foot still on the floorboard. Due to the fact that the soles of my boots are stiff I honestly never realize that the end of my foot is off the board and it is not in the least uncomfortable. So basically I would be spending money and trimming the lowers just to have the boards under my toes which I never notice.

I did feel however that moving the boards out away from the bike would be more comfortable and give me basically more room to move my feet side to side. For that reason I decided to take the cheap and easy way out and just opt for the Kury spacers. At this point I have a couple of short rides on it and like the difference. Weather will be great this weekend and I will be able to put 3-400 miles on and get a real feel for them.

My thoughts are that I would only be in it for around $30 and if I changed my mind down the road I can always go the route of extending them forward
Do you have Highway Pegs mounted on your crash bars? They would allow you to stretch your legs out while cruising on the highway. I'm only 6'1" and it was the first thing I added to my M8 CVO SG. Since then, I've dropped a couple more grand on Defiance collection footboards, grips and brake pedal pads, Edge Cut levers, 14" Bagger Nation Apes, wire extensions, cable extensions, and a new Highflow Air Breather and Cover, along with Fullsac CVO power cores. I'm done customizing my scoot until my warranty is up, then I'll be ready for some aftermarket Stage Kits.