Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New M8 oil cooler cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

I added it not necessarily because I was afraid of damage but for the fact that it does offer protection but it just looks awesome to me, it adds a little "chin" down there and looks pretty sweet, it was worth the money to me.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:32 PM
SWMB
Road Warrior
Received 776 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Wheels
Took the words right out of my mouth. Oil coolers have hung down there for ages, so I can't see getting excited about a cover now. In 40+ years I've never holed one. If extra protection is wanted just cut a piece of mesh and tie it on.

Plenty of other bling I can spend the SS checks on.
Well I live in the sticks and hafta ride on dirt and gravel roads to get to blacktop so this oil cooler cover is really more for practical use than looks. So if it happens to look decent for a year or 2 before it looks cruddy I'll be more than happy.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:59 PM
blacktop37
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts
Question

Some time has passed. Has anyone modified one of these covers to fit the fan assist oil cooler? I do think they look pretty cool.
Thanks!

Old 03-30-2017, 09:49 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktop37
Some time has passed. Has anyone modified one of these covers to fit the fan assist oil cooler? I do think they look pretty cool.
Thanks!

I'm wondering too. I keep asking different dealers as I visit them and they haven't had anyone try yet that has reported their experience.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 AM
blacktop37
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 54 Posts

Im starting to think it may restrict airflow enough that at Idle or slow speed it may not be as effective who knows what they are thinking

Old 03-30-2017, 10:15 AM
boston jim
Contact IB Sales to have your account opened
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I bet all the H-D oil coolers, fan-assisted or not are made in China ! Along with all that cheap chrome crap on their walls ! Buy American, Buy UltraCool, made in Nevada, USA !

Old 03-30-2017, 03:24 PM
Hephaestus
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by boston jim
I bet all the H-D oil coolers, fan-assisted or not are made in China ! Along with all that cheap chrome crap on their walls ! Buy American, Buy UltraCool, made in Nevada, USA !
My oil cooler was installed at the factory but your saying I should change it to ultracool?

Old 03-31-2017, 06:33 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 994 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by boston jim
Better go ahead and sell your bike if you're concerned about having parts that are made in China. And while you're at it, you may as well inventory all your property and get rid of any foreign made goods. Unless you're Amish, it's impossible to buy American 100% of the time.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:25 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

Harley- Davidson has done alright by me. Of the last 25 parts I got from the MoCo, 19 were made in USA, 1 Mexico, 2 Italy and 3 Taiwan

I have a fan assist cooler on my bike and none of it was made in China.

Harley = made in china = Urban Myth. Fake News.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:41 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,528 Likes on 4,425 Posts

the fans on the HD oil cooler are SPAL, made in Italy and widely recognized as a highly reputable product in the industry..yeah, this 100% American mentality is ridiculous..go look at the parts content % of your new F150 or other domestic autos

Cars.com released its 10th American Made Index (AMI) of the vehicles that qualify as the most American—based on where parts are manufactured (a vehicle must be made of at least 75% U.S. parts to even make the list), where the vehicle is built, and what percentage of the vehicles’ sales are U.S.-based, among other factors.
This year’s AMI yielded a few surprises. The Toyota Camry is, apparently, the most American vehicle on sale in the U.S. Surprise No. 2: Ford fell off the list entirely this year—even though the F-150 pickup topped the list in 2013 and 2014. (A Chrysler hasn't shown up since 2012.) Surprise No. 3: Ten years ago, when Cars.com began compiling the AMI, 29 vehicles made the cut; this year, only seven did—not even enough for a Top Ten. Globalization is here.

The following users liked this post:
SWThomas (03-31-2017)

Quick Reply: New M8 oil cooler cover