Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk 2017 Harley

Old 03-13-2017, 05:29 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Let's talk 2017 Harley

I took delivery on my 2017 SGS around the 24th of January. I have only been able to think about riding it because here in Idaho we recorded the all time record in snowfall. A little background, I have owned several Harley's over the years and since 2012 have had a new one every year. Not bragging because I don't really care about all that so I will get to the point. Finally got to give the new M8 its maiden voyage and all this hype about them is all true. If anybody is on the fence about getting one you need to be at your dealer tomorrow morning picking one out. There is a night and day difference in the M8 and any prior years. By far and I mean by far is the best Harley I have ever owned or rode. I hear how the rear shock are harsh and ride ruff. Not mine it road better than any air shocked unit to date. Much better. The front forks are spot on and the power and the smoothest of the engine and overall way the bike rides fantastic. The M8 is night and day the best stock bike Harley has ever produced to date.
WOW, WHAT A BIKE.👍👌👍👌

The following users liked this post:
Mxdad (03-14-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 06:08 PM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,492 Likes on 4,409 Posts

you're a little late to the game..they just announced the mid year M9 models ! jk..congrats..I agree with everything you said

Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

They're pretty nice motorcycles.

Congrats on your new ride!

Old 03-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Fullmaxx
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like mine as well. I took delivery on mine on Feb 10th and have been lucky enough to get in over 900 miles.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:49 PM
goose222
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mjwebb
you're a little late to the game..they just announced the mid year M9 models ! jk..congrats..I agree with everything you said
Damn, I was on my way to get me one

The following users liked this post:
Rob Wynn (03-19-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

Bought my SGS in September 2016, 5400 miles and I'm still loving the bike. My only complaint is this thing rides like a wooden horse buggy, I'm 6'2 245lbs so its not like I'm a ton tank riding this thing with the suspension bottomed out. I also have a 2015 BMW RT1200 so I guess I'm a little spoiled by the ride it provides. I like the riding position better on my SG just not the ride quality. The front is what jars me so bad. On anything less than a perfect road I get beat and jarred pretty good. I love the bike so much I just overlook it. Enough negative from me, I love the bike and would not trade it. Congrats on yours and safe riding!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:20 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice color, the Laguna Orange and the Charcoal Denim are two of the best colors HD came out with IMO. I pulled the trigger on a M8 CVO SG in December. Had a 2014 CVO BO and never even considered trading it in until I saw the CVO SG. It was love at first site. I was still undecided about trading in my CVO BO until I tool the 114 CVO for a test ride, it was all over after that. Traded in my old scoot and jumped on the new one. Done a couple thousand in mods already, but I'll hold off on any other changes until my warranty has expired, then I'll look at a Stage III or IV upgrade from Fuel Moto or TTS. Enjoy your scoot, nice looking ride.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

I agree that this is the best Harley I've ever owned. It's just ssoooo fun to ride! Feels so great to grab a fist full of throttle and immediately get slung back into the saddle. From any rpm range! Can't do that on the Dyna unless it's in the power band. Just makes A LOT of noise until getting spun up. Course if it's in the power band and grab the throttle it's a rocket. But I digress. The M8 pulls like a raped ape anywhere throughout the rpm range. Makes me appreciate that motor that much more!!

As far as the handling? Awesome. Simply awesome. Once the shocks are dialed in to the right setting, it rides perfect.

Sorry for the geek-out, but I haven't ridden in a week!

Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
I agree that this is the best Harley I've ever owned. It's just ssoooo fun to ride! Feels so great to grab a fist full of throttle and immediately get slung back into the saddle. From any rpm range! Can't do that on the Dyna unless it's in the power band. Just makes A LOT of noise until getting spun up. Course if it's in the power band and grab the throttle it's a rocket. But I digress. The M8 pulls like a raped ape anywhere throughout the rpm range. Makes me appreciate that motor that much more!!

As far as the handling? Awesome. Simply awesome. Once the shocks are dialed in to the right setting, it rides perfect.

Sorry for the geek-out, but I haven't ridden in a week!
I totally agree. My biggest problem is trying to stay within the break-in parameters for the revs. I had it out last week and was like a kid in the candy shop. I can't wait until my break-in period is done, than I can really feel all the advantages of the new M8.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:40 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenAnchor
I totally agree. My biggest problem is trying to stay within the break-in parameters for the revs. I had it out last week and was like a kid in the candy shop. I can't wait until my break-in period is done, than I can really feel all the advantages of the new M8.
Oh, are you in for a treat!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let's talk 2017 Harley