Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

freewheeler insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:31 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts
Default freewheeler insurance

what's everyone paying to insure a new freewheeler trike and with who?

Old 04-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I don't have a freewheeler trike so I can't answer your question.

But it really doesn't matter what others are paying- insurance costs are extremely granular- so much depends on your exact situation.

Insurance quotes are based on many factors, about you, where you live, what type of vehicle, knowing what others payed doesn't really help. Some get great rates from company A, and others get super high quotes. SOme get better rates for company B, etc.....

I suggest you get as many rate quotes for your trike as you can stomach. Then pick one and go from there.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:24 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
I don't have a freewheeler trike so I can't answer your question.

But it really doesn't matter what others are paying- insurance costs are extremely granular- so much depends on your exact situation.

Insurance quotes are based on many factors, about you, where you live, what type of vehicle, knowing what others payed doesn't really help. Some get great rates from company A, and others get super high quotes. SOme get better rates for company B, etc.....

I suggest you get as many rate quotes for your trike as you can stomach. Then pick one and go from there.
I agree. For example, I live out in rural America and my rates are much cheaper than if I was still living in the city where I grew up.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

For myself Dairy land gave me the best price. I have 5 bikes and was using progressive and checked out dairy land. They gave me better protection and cut my rates in half.
I just traded a 2012 CVO street glide for a freewheeler. My rate went up .$110 per year. Ir was mainly because of the year change.
I agree get all the quotes you can get but make sure you check on them as a good insurance company.