Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Dairyland experiences good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Ole2
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not an expert by any means, but just purchased new insurance through my company and because of a bad experience a friend had with coverage after hitting a deer, I made him go through all of the coverages. Just make sure you know what you are buying. Big differences not only for liability limits, add ons, etc, but for medical coverages as well. If you buy just what your state requires and have an accident, good luck.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:11 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,432 Likes on 21,388 Posts

Originally Posted by JDJHNTR
I just spent the last week reading about these low rates you guys are getting and actually checking with over 10 companies and the cheapest I could get full coverage ( with good coverage) was still $584 per year!
You guys must be using some low "limits of liabilities"?
Full cov.
100/250

50K/!00K everything else for liability

5k for add-ons for my ride.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Smack Tapolis
Novice

Yeah, coverage levels for your bike is critical.

Here's a quick tip:

Your underinsured/uninsured coverage is usually tied to your actual liability limits, so if you carry low coverage on your bike in the mindset that you'll never cause an accident or cause much damage even if you do, then you're really setting yourself up for not being adequately covered when the time comes.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:47 PM
08ultragold
6th Gear

I had Geico in 2012 when I had a wreck. Bike was totaled. Was treated great by Geico. Got another bike in July of 2014, due to previous wreck Geico was unaffordable. Went with Dairyland beccause of affordability. Renewal came up last month so I checked around again. Geico was $1210.00 lower than Dairyland. Didn't have any problems with Dairyland for that one year, but I didn't have any claims either. Geico just beat their price, based on how I was treated and taken care of in 2012. I'm a loyal Geico customer, and they are saving me a lot of money for the exact same coverage.

Last edited by 08ultragold; 08-17-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Birdhaus
3rd Gear

I've had poor experiences with State Farm home owner's, but terrific experience with State farm auto. My bike had a better rate with Progressive, so 3 cars with State farm and a bike with Progressive.

Now, because of my own stupidity, I'm in the "perfect storm"
July '13 I get a DUI. no wreck, Got pulled over for almost running a stop sign on a Mississippi country road right after a rain storm in the dark. (no excuses, poor judgement and and now I own it)

So my Progressive Ins. rates go through the roof, and to top it off, I'm moving to Orleans Parish (New Orleans) which means even higher rates. I would guess by a factor of 4x.

Don't play the violin for me. I get it. This is just a cautionary tale about overstaying your welcome on the bar stool while waiting for the storm to pass. Switch to water or put on the rain gear. Shiny side up folks.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:32 AM
PureHybrid
Road Master
Received 376 Likes on 235 Posts

I don't see how you guys switch and save $400+, hell my policy would be free LOL.

I switched to Dairyland because Liberty Mutual wanted $740/yr for my 09 Softail! And State Farm wasn't much cheaper ( My agent was my uncle so he always tried to sneak in a deal if he could). Dairyland was $269/yr for my Softail, its $449/yr now for the Road Glide.

My policy isn't some $1M high end crap, but its no slouch, and they cover $5K in add-ons. Deductibles are both $250 IIRC.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:53 PM
dieter621
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I left GEICO for HD/Progressive. I cut my yearly bill with full coverage by over 100.00. Discounts for HOG, good rider etc. It pays to shop every year!

Old 08-26-2015, 07:12 PM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thx all ended up with Dairyland saved $157.00 over progressive

Old 08-31-2015, 06:09 PM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 39,245 Likes on 10,250 Posts

Foremost just doubled my premium on my 2012 from $512 last year to $1100 this year.
When I called to ask why........ they had absolutely no valid reason for the increase.
Long time customer, no claims, no tickets.
Just pay us twice the $$$$.
State Farm (I have two bikes and two cars with them) came back with $740yr
Dairyland came in at $471yr
All three companies priced for the same coverage.
Might move my other two bikes over too.

Edit to add:
State Farm came in with $170 per year when I added it to my other 2 bikes' policy.
Seems their database had placed me in a higher risk category in error.
All better now.

Last edited by ShovelEd; 09-01-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Woodys03
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smack Tapolis
I'm a licensed insurance producer for State Farm in California. I don't get any discounts on my insurance, but State Farm has always been cheapest for me out of the major companies. I don't get quotes from the little bitty companies simply because I don't trust them for when the time comes for them to pay out. For $40 a month I carry full coverage on my 2014 and it includes really good roadside coverage at no extra charge.

Just less than a week ago, a young lady came in about 20 years old, our motorcycle coverage was cheaper for her than anyone else as well. We ran quotes on her auto and we came in less there too even adding renters insurance and a $50k life policy.

State farm is a full service company, privately owned, and has the largest market share of any insurance company.
Nothing against you personally man, but State Farm sucks! In the 16 years I was with State Farm I had to sue them to pay for the only two claims I made. Both times I won in court. Neither of the claims were my fault.

Quick Reply: Dairyland experiences good or bad?