Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Dairyland experiences good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dairyland experiences good or bad?

Time to shop insurance again, Dairyland coming in cheaper than Progressive which is my current carrier.
Those who have Dairyland can you share your experiences yay or nay
TIA

Old 07-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

For me Dairyland is $400 more expensive than GEICO.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:12 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,145 Likes on 21,332 Posts

Always good here.
New premium $172.96 Full Cov. per year.
If you have completed the MSF course that gets you a discount.
If you are a H O G member I think that gets you another discount.
@ any rate I have been with them for X amount of years and will stay due to the great rates.
Good luck!!

Old 08-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Chromechik
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had Dairyland and Progressive. Dairyland by far is the better choice cost and their customer service is so much better. On another note if anyone is loking for a great and less costly Extented Service Plan for their Harley check out CornerStones Plans! Prices are great and you can sign up on line! Here is the website if anyone is interrested www.DiscountESP.com. You will love everything about them. I have had awesome experences with my FXDC.

Old 08-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,779 Likes on 18,557 Posts

I switched to Dairyland this spring after being with Foremost for 10 years, never making a claim, no tickets and they upped my policy by over $400.00. Dairyland gave me the same coverage for $450.00 less ... Should have checked long ago

Old 08-03-2015, 01:46 PM
JDJHNTR
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsm13
New premium $172.96 Full Cov. per year..

I just spent the last week reading about these low rates you guys are getting and actually checking with over 10 companies and the cheapest I could get full coverage ( with good coverage) was still $584 per year!
You guys must be using some low "limits of liabilities"?

Old 08-03-2015, 03:15 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 396 Posts

I was with Dairyland for a few decades. No claims or late payments. Then I had an accident. Dairyland paid me almost enough for a new scooter and it probably didn't cost them anything. Dairyland also paid for the add ons that were on my wrecked scooter. The cage driver's insurance gave me a ridiculously high amount for my 'pain and suffering'. It was a ridiculous amount because there was no pain or suffering, and I was riding my other scooter as soon as I got home from the hospital E.R.. That is why I think Dairyland got all it's money back.

But then Dairyland raised my rate and I switched to Geico. So my experience was some good, some bad.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Highgrade
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Safeco Insurance Co. That's were I have my insurance and I'm an insurance agent in the Chicago Area. Most independent agencies sell Safeco and you will have an agent that will help you any any claims or policy issues.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Chief2505
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I have never had Dairyland myself but I have a client that was hit by someone with Dairyland car insurance.

Lets just say his experience trying to get them to pay was very long drawn out affair.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Smack Tapolis
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a licensed insurance producer for State Farm in California. I don't get any discounts on my insurance, but State Farm has always been cheapest for me out of the major companies. I don't get quotes from the little bitty companies simply because I don't trust them for when the time comes for them to pay out. For $40 a month I carry full coverage on my 2014 and it includes really good roadside coverage at no extra charge.

Just less than a week ago, a young lady came in about 20 years old, our motorcycle coverage was cheaper for her than anyone else as well. We ran quotes on her auto and we came in less there too even adding renters insurance and a $50k life policy.

State farm is a full service company, privately owned, and has the largest market share of any insurance company.

Quick Reply: Dairyland experiences good or bad?