Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Who is best

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:41 AM
LRS
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Who is best

Who is everyone using for insurance ?
I've been with Foremost on both of my bikes for several years and I received my renewal and have a substantial rate increase. No claims and my bikes are a year older.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:21 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

From a personal standpoint there are so many variables in finding the best insurance for a biker that each person should probably just a search of different companies and tell them what you have and what you want and then they will answer your questions for ya. As a side note, when I got my bike over 10 years ago Progressive was the cheapest for me and they have continued to lower their rates for me over the years that I've had them. While Progressive has been the best for me, there's no guarantee that they would be the best for you.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Ripplingh2o
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had Dairyland for a long time with no complaints and no increases. Very competitive premiums. I do shop & compare very 3-4 years tho' just to make sure I'm getting the best value.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:45 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I've got Progressive and I'm happy with them, aside from their roadside assistance which is contracted out through a third party. I've got my bike as a whole insured, additional coverage for my mods, carried contents and trip interruption and disappearing deductible.

I know a lot of people have dropped them to to rate increases but so far they've not hit me with that.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had homeowners thru Foremost and they tried to screw me on a claim.

I car insurance thru Dairyland and no problems on a claim.

With Progressive now. I had jacked up rates the first year because I hadn't had a bike for over a year and then at renew time they gave me a discount.

I am going to be shopping in the near future too.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:03 PM
lt1-xjs
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts

I have Progressive and mine went up like 30%. I called my agent and bitched and she came back with me paying 10% less than the year before. It pays to complain or simply ask why.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

One thing I like about Progressive is that if you have a claim they have an adjuster come out right away.

My boyfriend is always ragging on me, saying I should check with State Farm (that's who he uses) to get a lower rate. He recently had a claim and they wouldn't get out of their office chairs to even look at his bike. They used Mitchell Blue Book (whatever that is) to estimate the price of repairs. He was pissed and it was a 2 week drama. Me asking him how that lower rate was working out for him probably didn't help out any but now it'll get him off my back.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Tazmaz4
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My choice

I us Markell for all my bikes they seem to be the best in my book

Old 09-25-2015, 09:49 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,585 Likes on 5,162 Posts

For the most part who is BEST, depends on Zip code, age, record and day of the week you apply.
Insurance companies balance risk. Two 100% equal people can apply in two different areas and have a totally different out come on any given day.
As for settlements You major ones are pretty much the same . know your coverage .
Progressive has been great for me and when I totaled one was very fair with it and quick. That does not mean it will go that way for someone else.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:38 PM
ric_mackie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very pleased with Progressive.
Fast. Online payments are easier than anywhere else. I can break up the payments, AND I can pay with PayPal.
I have an RV with then, and they are also the best price for both the Harley and the 5th Wheel.
I have my cars with State Farm. Price is OK, but there's nothing really special about service. They've been just OK when I call them.
I can't add my Harley to SF or my cars to Progressive. I've got 3 people in the house, and 2 cars. If I had 3 vehicles on one policy, they'd consider the 3rd person a full-time drive and jack up the rates. Right now, with 1 and 2 vehicles with each provider and 3 people, I get one person as a part-time driver (and save a lot of $$).

Quick Reply: Who is best