Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

AVOID State Farm

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 10:43 PM
rockher_man
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Cool

JJ......900 seems HIGH to me and I'm in Michigan......NO fault state.

I HATE this mandatory no-fault insurance rule!

In August 2014, the Friday of Labor Day weekend, my 2001 Harley trike was stolen sometime
between 11:30PM and 7:00AM....NO battery in bike, had a new one by the back door and was
gonna install first thing after breakfast.

Forks locked and had a locked cover on it. Trike weighed in right about 1150lb.

Less then 100 feet from where I was sleeping....NEVER heard one sound!….. Friday morning
I wake up and open the blinds and something just don't look right......gone......****.

Cops there in minutes, gave them an 8-1/2" x 11" color photo I printed out and he just said
"damn.....that's nice......you know we're never gonna find this....right?

****........call State Farm gave report number and such....called bank...(had a PAYMENT due
that day!)..... informed them......and made payment over phone.....and waited.

2-weeks later S.F. agent calls to tell me come by and get my check!....we have already
paid your bank note off.

Had this rig 3-1/2 months......making monthly payments on insurance. Got check for scooter and pro-rated August. Super ****ing smooth. Sad to say it DOES depend on the agent.

I think my yearly premium for 100/300 plus custom parts WITHOUT adding and "GAP"
bullshit thru bank or State Farm was under 400.00......with 500 deductable.

I think a LOT depends on your ZIP CODE and....I HATE to say..,...age, years riding, in-writting
proof of riders courses taken wether basic or advanced (recommend both) and.....credit
report and rating.

Sucks....still looking for another "that's it!" trike......NOT paying 40K for a Tri-Clyde....😎

Old 11-02-2016, 01:01 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Yup. Many variables to premium cost. I live way out in the country. Cattle rustling is a bigger issue. Driving record has a lot to do with things. Credit too.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM
jguilletjr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbq05
I sold my H-D because I'm having my fourth back surgery. I just don't ride it enough, hardly any this year. I bought it new in 2013 and it has 3944 miles. Proof.

State Farm does not pro-rate motorcycle coverage on time insured. They say because bikes are ridden mostly in the warmer months, they have their own "special" pro-rating formula. Of course, their formula is heavily in their favor. For example, I paid over $400 for an annual premium and owned the bike for a little over 6 months of the term. You would think a $180 or so refund would be fair. Nooooo, not with State Farm. I received $66.80. Local SF agents and staff are the best. The low life, no-goods SOBs are at their headquarters thinking of more ways to screw the insured. They hide “behind the curtain” and their lawyer’s skirts. Avoid State Farm. I’m done.
I have state farm. I recently had a flat on the road, ruined the rear tire. I found out I did not have roadside assistance. Called my agent to find out why and add it. I was told that state farm does not write roadside assistance on Motorcycles. Paid a $90 tow bill.

I am shopping for other insurance now. Looking at Progressive.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by jguilletjr
I have state farm. I recently had a flat on the road, ruined the rear tire. I found out I did not have roadside assistance. Called my agent to find out why and add it. I was told that state farm does not write roadside assistance on Motorcycles. Paid a $90 tow bill.

I am shopping for other insurance now. Looking at Progressive.
GEICO offers roadside assistance; however, you have to have comprehensive & collision. If you have liability only - no roadside. In the alternative, insurance or no insurance, roadside assistance is offered as a perk with membership in American Motorcycle Association. [Double check: you might have to have "auto renew"]