Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Geico V. Allstate - what are your thoughts?

Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had allstate for years and when there was an issue they were good at taking care of it. My agent, she sucks not helpful at all. The new low rates are for new customers, existing customers whether bikes or cars are paying a higher rate. It was explained to me that I would have to leave and come back a year later to get the new rate. I just don't know.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM
whoop72
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

allstate changed their m/c insurance program relatively recently. previously they had a fairly low limit on mods to your bike. i just got a quote and between two bikes, will be saving $740/year. it seems to me that if this is a new customer rate, you just change to another company if the rates do increase.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Seener84
Tourer

I just switched from Geico to Allstate when I moved, saved me about 300 bucks a year and had better coverage. With Allstate I have a local agent that remembers my name and my vehicles, better customer service. I have spent way to many hours on the phone typing in numbers to computer and then talking to someone that doesnt know anything about me or my needs from Geico. Never again. I am very pleased so far with Allstate.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
dusty2221
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

I work for an Allstage Agent. I have my agent license and am his office manager. Been here for 8 years. I've got nothing but good things to say about my company. And from what I understand, the Harley crowd is our target crowd.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Bigredone
Road Master

Esurance beat them both for me. But you got to be squeeky clean to get the best rate.

http://www.esurance.com/welcome/home...otorcycle.aspx

Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Mohntonite
Cruiser

I was able to save $1,200.00 dollars switching from Progressive to Geico. I was at $1,960 for an Egs and a XL Hugger. All limits are exactly the same. Payments dropped $100 per month. Maybe I should call Allstate and see if it goes down further.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 PM
47Norton
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Last year I bundled everything I own and went with Allstate. My first bill came from them for year two and every single thing went up from 8 to 11%. No tickets, no claims, nothing. I am very pissed and I'm shopping insurance right now. Everytime I see the ex president hawking Allstate and how you get a check back when you don't have an accident I'm ready to call the BBB. My old insurance never changed once I cut a deal with them. I hate to jump through all the hoops again but they are screwing me. I'm talking two houses, four cars, motorcycle, and a boat. Did I say I was pissed?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:23 PM
jimmything
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Check out Progressive...

Old 03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
ezride
Novice

allstate used to be ok, now they suck, i was with them for 23 years, house, cars and bikes.
a couple of years ago everything started going up each year for no reason. they are now offering low teaser rates and hoping you don't pay attention as they raise your rates each time you renew. i went progressive at about half the price, and better coverage limits. allstate agents now call and offer good rates to come back, but i have a very good memory and they can take a hike.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
jmeyer58
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Not sure how much coverage you all have but here is my .02. I have full coverage with State Farm and only pay $353 a year for my UC and they let me reduce to fire and theft over the winter. don't know how much any company can reduce that rate! I do have 5 cars, 1 boat, 1 jet ski, 1 house and the bike all insured with them so I am a fairly good customer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Geico V. Allstate - what are your thoughts?