Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Harley-Davidson Insurance - Dairyland

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley-Davidson Insurance - Dairyland

I have my car through State Farm, and have for about 7 years. They have a great rate for me, and I have been very pleased so far...it has better coverage for the same rate as AllState. But, when I asked about my bike, the insurance payments were going to be more than the bike payments! I have an 883 Sportster, and paying over $100 a month on it seems a little...high. So, I called the Harley-Davidson insurance that the local H-D finance manager recommended. That ended up being through a company called Dairyland, and was less than half what State Farm quoted me. I pay a little over $50 a month, and have been pleased with them so far. I haven't found anything cheaper!

Has anyone else had any experiences using the H-D insurance?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Foremost through Harley.

When I initially called them they came back with quotes from 3 or 4 different insurers.

H-D Insurance doesn't write insuance policies - it serves as an insurace agent for a host of insurance companies, much as a local insurance agent would.

I've had to call them a few time with questions and policy changes and they have been helpful and professional.

Sammi

Last edited by Sammi; 07-09-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

No, but Statefarm has my 09 Street Bob full coverage and raised liability limits for about $25 per month. They must not be interested in more bikes from your area.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Rich2700.1.1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have my 07 Sportster and pay only $180 per/yr with full coverage even with roadside assistance and towing.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:24 AM
drivel
Intermediate

Progressive through HD quotes me at $217 \ yr with full coverage. I'm 22 with no accidents, tickets, etc. Nashville, TN area.
It blows my mind some of the rates i hear about that people are having to pay...

Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
buckle12
2nd Gear
Thumbs up

I've had great luck with Harley Insurance. Last year I had Progressive through Harley and when it came to renew it was going to be over $750 with Progressive. This is for 2 motorcycles by the way. Every year I call Harle Ins. to see if anyone has a better rate.

This year I didn't think anyone could beat Progressive and almost didn't make my yearly call. When I did Dairyland was the best. Less the $400 for both motorcycles. All you have to do is give them a call every year to see who has the best rate. They use only A+ rated companies and add new companies all the time.

Joe

Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tried Foremost thru my Farmers agent. Now mind you this on a 1990 Yamaha Venture, Foremost was 652 a year for full coverage and I switched to Progressive for 208 for EXACTLY the same coverage! Theives!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Buck Naked
Cruiser

I've never truly understood why some insurance companies charge (or attempt to charge) what they do. I've been riding for years, and when I got my new '09 RKC, I shopped around--Progressive wanted over $700 for full coverage, Geico wasn't much better. I ended up going w/ State Farm (who I thought was always historically higher then most) for $432/yr. And because the agent cared enough to ask for my business, I ended up moving ALL my insurance to them (2 cars, RV, and Home Owners). Interestingly enough, I checked out 2 different Shelter Ins agencies--one was $50 higher than the other, and they were only about 5 blocks from each other. I'm sure they take your driving record into consideration, but personally I think they charge what they think they can get away with. There's not much that pisses me off more than having an insurance agent you can never get in touch with when you need them. Because of this, I would rather have the PLAGUE than insurance w/ Farmers!!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:39 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Depends on how savy the agent is too.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 AM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Have everything thru Farmers , except the scoots , been with Dairyland for years ..

Jus hope Dairyland is as good as Farmers when I need 'em

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson Insurance - Dairyland