Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

State Farm offers no trip/road hazard coverage ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLYING
I have towing - stated value coverage - rental reimbursement and more with Progressive ! I do have a higher premium than most of you at $592 per year however I have no surprises with my insurance and have peice of mind and to me it is worth it!
So, what does this have to do with State Farm ?

Old 02-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hoethree
I HAD State Farm before moving down to New Mexico. I switched to Geico for cost reasons. My previous State Farm policy had medical up to $1000 and that is the maximum they will allow. As I have other medical insurance thru my employment I was not to concerned about it. My new policy with Geico has only $500 in medical but again, not concerned due to other insurance. Geico would allow for higher coverage however whereas State Farm would not. As a side note, I had EVERYTHING I owned insured with State Farm for years, always thinking this was a good thing to do and would ultimately favor me when it came time for a claim. I have since decided that all those years of just paying whatever State Farm billed me in premiums was not to bright. State Farm has no loyalty to any of their customers like ALL insurance companies, they are in business to make a profit, period! Shop around!

I couldn't disagree with you more. I've had to file a claim with State Farm twice this past year. In both instances I was given the Red Carpet treatment. My State Farm agent is totally loyal to it's customers and goes out of it's way to make sure everything is perfect. I couldn't be more happy with my agent. '

Old 02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jimsflh
Alstate has free raod side/towing, medical for you AND passenger, and cheaper than progressive.
So, what does this have to do with State Farm ? Maybe you should start your own thread on how great Alstate (sic) is ?

Christian

Old 02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

[quote=hoethree;6313967 I switched to Geico for cost reasons.![/quote]

I think you should read the thread about Geico and all of the horrible posts that riders on this forum have written them and their crappy insurance. Even if I was totally pissed off at State Farm, Geico would be that last insurance company I would go to after reading the countless posts in the Geico thread about how they treated their customers.....

Christian

Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Geico as well and it has towing with it. Maybe people have had problems with them, but I have not

Old 02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
stevic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost my Ultra in a sand storm in Utah last year. Progressive picked up the towing cost to Zion HD 150 miles away. Tab for that was $675. We spent 2 nights in a motel and rented a car and ate to get home AAA trip insurance picked up that tab for more than $600. Progressive also insures up to $3000 of customized parts as part of their policy ($400 a year for my new '09 Ultra). It took about a week to get the check for the bike after we got home. $10500 for a 1994 Ultra.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Daddy Rabbit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Harley RN, could be a geographic thing as a notice you are in Wisconsin and I'm in Alabama but you can bet I will ask!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:49 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 410 Likes on 219 Posts

Been shopping insurance also. The third # in the liabilty coverage is medical, example: 25/50/10 has 10k medical. "03 Ultra w/liability only, "09 Tri-Glide w/full coversge and the rate variance is crazy. Annual premiums ranged from state farm the highest at $1050 (checked Geico, Progressive, Allstate, Safeco who I was with, and a couple other smaller companies) to Allied (who I went with) at $350. This was for identical coverages. They all had some form of road hazzard, I also have HOG and AAA.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Daddy Rabbit
Thanks Harley RN, could be a geographic thing as a notice you are in Wisconsin and I'm in Alabama but you can bet I will ask!

Let us know what you find out. I have (2) bikes. Both of them are 2009s. One is a Dyna FatBob and the other is my Ultra Classic. I have 10,000 of medical on both of them.

Thanks,

Christian

Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 1plumr1
Been shopping insurance also. The third # in the liabilty coverage is medical, example: 25/50/10 has 10k medical. "03 Ultra w/liability only, "09 Tri-Glide w/full coversge and the rate variance is crazy. Annual premiums ranged from state farm the highest at $1050 (checked Geico, Progressive, Allstate, Safeco who I was with, and a couple other smaller companies) to Allied (who I went with) at $350. This was for identical coverages. They all had some form of road hazzard, I also have HOG and AAA.

Wow.. that's really a lot for a quote from State Farm... I'd probably shop around too ? When I bought my bikes I got a quote for $303/year for my Fat Bob and $247/year for my Ultra Classic. I looked around and while I could find less expensive insurance (not by much)... I like the fact that I can walk into my agent's office and see him face to face. I scrimp and save... shop at discount places.. clip coupons.. but when it comes to insurance I don't mind paying more to be able to call my agent up or stop in at his office and see him. I also see him and his staff out and about in our town at social events. I guess I'm not into buying insurance from a Gekko or a ditzy chick with bright red lipstick.

Christian

Quick Reply: State Farm offers no trip/road hazard coverage ?