Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Dairyland Insurance

Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
007 ultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dairyland Insurance

A new riding season will soon be here. I had Dairyland Ins. for about 15 years then switched to Allied. It's a long story not reflecting of Dairyland.

Anyway, I got my Allied premium notice and thought it was high. I shopped for identical coverage thru several companies.

Final result: Dairyland beat everyone on price for identical coverage.

BTW: No accidents ever on a motorcycle and no accidents/tickets on 4 wheels for many, many years.

I'm happy to be back with Dairyland Ins. :-) even tho I have no idea how they are if ever a claim is filed.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
webbdog8
Road Captain

my guess is the differance in price was your credit score that may be the deciding factor

Last edited by webbdog8; 04-21-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM
007 ultra
Tourer

Could be as checked with multiple companies --- Allstate, Progressive, Harley Davidson Ins. Co. and others. NONE of them beat Dairyland.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

My bikes are insured through HD/Dairyland as well and no one to date has ever come close to their numbers......

Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Dark Helmet
Stage IV

When I bought my bike I got a quote through Geico since I had already been a customer for over 8 years with an auto and renters ins. policy.

Geico wanted almost 1600 a year to cover just the bike

Dairyland wanted 552 a year.

Simply can't argue with that

Last edited by Dark Helmet; 04-24-2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had progressive for a while. I added a bike and when my renewal came up they jacked the premium. No reason for the rate increase, so I had the broker shop around and ended up with dairyland. Price for two bikes for a year is around $650, full coverage.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
dv102
Road Captain

The only question I would have is how well they would pay out on a claim. I have progressive and they responded quickly for my bike but because the other guy was at fault have not helped with any medical claims and told me that I had to go to the other guys insurance co. The other guys insurance was 21st Century and are pretty good at dodging calls. So 7 months later I still havn't seen a penny and at the same time dished out a good portion of my savings keeping doctors paid..
Although the insurance premium might be cheap, but when you need them they may be slow to respond.

As for State Farm, take a look at how they reworded the cause of the damages from Katrina so they didn't have to pay. My point is that you need the insurance but when it comes for the insurance to pay out they will do and use everything in their arsenal to pay as little as possible.

The following users liked this post:
load97 (06-20-2017)
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
ardakota
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Sounds like dv you need a good lawyer i will give the insurance company a chance to make good then if they dodge me or dont make an attempt then a good ambulance chaser would be my next resort and stick it to them then for not doing the right thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 PM
dv102
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ardakota
Sounds like dv you need a good lawyer i will give the insurance company a chance to make good then if they dodge me or dont make an attempt then a good ambulance chaser would be my next resort and stick it to them then for not doing the right thing.
Problem is with hiring a lawyer he will get a minimum of 30% of any settlement. If the other guys insurance has the lowest limit permited by their state and your medical costs total close to that limit you will have to end up sueing the person and unless he has lots of assets you can put a lean on chances are you will not see anthing above his insurance limits. And in a worse case after your lawyer gets his cut you could still end up with out of pocket costs. That is where your under insured coverage kicks in. But I don't think it will cover any pain and suffering damages. I've been doing a lot of research on this for my case, but the one thing I have learned is that 100K in coverage nowadays is not enough to cover damages with medical costs being so high. I have also learned that no matter what insurance company you deal with they will pay as little as possible even if it is your own insurance.

PS: Sorry, I don't mean to steal this thread and Dairyland may be an excellent company, I just think there is more to consider when shopping for insurance. You may never need to use it but if you ever have to you need to have faith that they will pay out.

Last edited by dv102; 04-27-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 PM
DbuggsDad
Stage IV
Default My experience with dairyland

I was a dairyland customer for 5 years. Paid the premium in full once a year and never had a claim. When I got my renewal notice this year my premium was over 50% higher than I had been paying. My 4 wheel vehicles are insured with State Farm and my agent matched the rate i had been paying dairyland. I switched my motorcycle coverage to State Farm.

Now what really pissed me off was, after about two weeks went by and I didn't renew with dairyland, they sent me a new renewal notice and offered me the coverage at the old original rate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dairyland Insurance