Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

State farm insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 PM
CB1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default State farm insurance

Looking for feedback on State Farm insurance. We currently have house, auto, and bike through All State. No issues, but we got a quote from a friend who works for State Farm and it's cheaper. We haven't gotten into the fine details of exact coverages to ensure we would have the same or better coverage yet, though the quote is reasonanbly close. Just curious of people's experiences both negative and positive with State Farm. Especially if you have experience with them with a claim. We have had a claim on our house with All State from tornado damage and had little issue. Most feedback thus far has been positive. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:22 PM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am dealing with a claim with State Farm. Driver that hit me had State Farm. So far they have paid to fix bike new helmet and the tow bill. Waiting to settle on the medical part. Pleased so far.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I just switched from Farmers to State Farm to save some money. The policy on the house is a little more but the savings on the cars, bike and camper made it about $80 per month cheaper. No claims yet though!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Eagle Custom
Tourer

I have State Farm for auto,home,bike and my business and have had good luck with them have had a couple auto clames and 1the house clame and they were fast and fair.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No complaints here. I've had them since I started driving. My parents have used them for as long as I can remember.

My Night Train ran me somewhere between $500-600. Had one claim on the bike. It was early spring and there was a sheet of pavement on I-95 that had been scraped away during the winter. Went into the hole and on the way out hit the 3 inch lip going about 90 mph. Bent my spoke wheel. SF cut a check to cover a new wheel, basically no questions asked.

Had several windhshield claims on my Tacoma all in a short period of time. Every one paid in full. Had a chip, repaired on site, no money out of pocket, then a week later unrepairable chip/crack, replaced, no money out of pocket, then the day after the new windshield was in, it was chipped/cracked, and replaced AGAIN a few days later.

State Farm's glass company worked with the Toyota dealership each time for the replacement. Truck's still under warranty so I didn't want to get stuck between Toyota and the window company if there ended up being a leak.

Finally, when i bought my house last year i finally gave up my WV permanent residency. The State Farm office I contacted in Baltimore worked out all of the details for the switch with my WV agent. The switch was super smooth and easy.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
loosnut
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked with State Farm before my last renewal and they were almost double on the same coverage. This is the second time I've checked with them in the last sven years and still extremely expensive. Just sayin

Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
rcollinsdad
Advanced

I've had auto and homeowners with State Farm for over 20 years and would not switch for anything, but when i checked on bike coverage they were outragous (double my Progressive) and the medical coverage probably wouldn't have covered the cost of a good band-aid.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I have State Farm, for many years. In 2011 I rolled up a 2009 Mustang Bullitt with an E-Force supercharger, 505 HP, 500 TQ (at the wheels) into a tangled mess of metal

They paid for the car and ALL the motor work even though I didn't call them up and tell them about the modifications. The medical payments thing was a bit of a hassle because of hospital billing issues. In the end, they did a steller job. This was a one unit crash. A month after the crash, I got a premium refund check in the mail for being a "careful driver"

As you might guess, I'm still with them and my rates didn't go up on anything.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:51 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

we have state farm. have had for 23+ yrs. have 4 vehicles,2 MC,2 atv,home owners and 3 life ins. policies. put my agents kid thru college, but seriously when it came time for a claim the took care of it asap. thought about looking for cheaper but is it worth it in the end ??? they've been real good with my sons vehicle on his 2 deployments so really not worth changing for us.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ive been with state farm for almost 30years. if i had it to do over id go with allstate, arent they the ones that lower your deductible as the years go on and they will insure your bike for what you have into it, not just blue book. dont get me wrong, ive never had any problems with state farm but seeing as the other guy gets rid of your deductible after a few years of no claims and will insure your bike for the value you have in it, well thats a no brainer. for me to change now would not be worth it.

Quick Reply: State farm insurance