Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

bike incurance....

Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 PM
louie c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike incurance....

well today just for ***** and giggles i called allstate for a quote for my ride since next month i'm due to renew my policy.
Harley Davidson Progressive wanted 663.00 for one year with full coverage and 200.00 deductible on both fire and theft and collision.
WELL allstate gave me the same for 226.00 for one year.
IT'S NICE TO SHOP AROUND.........:')

Typo on the title should be ........bike insurance.....lol

Last edited by louie c; 10-17-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

I use Allstate as well. Far cheaper than any other including towing.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:28 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Yesterday I got a renewal email from Progressive and my insurance went way up - $500+. I got an online quote from Geico and it was better. I have my home and cars with Allstate so I called my local agent and got basically the same policy for $232.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:43 PM
WillPwr
Tourer

Remember most of us are located in different states so what might be cheap and competitive for one person wont be the same for someone in a different state. I think in California we are one of the cheapest right now.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,525 Likes on 3,778 Posts

Think Flow got the big head on the last raise,and AllState and StateFarm decided to suck up, lower their prices and grab back some of their car people. Few years ago, Progressive under cut my State Farm agent by half. Now my agent beat Progressive by $20. Progressive also shot theirself in the foot by being so inflexible when it comes to credit statements. The will raise their rates on someone who owns their house and pays their credit cards totally ever month. I can only guess because you have 4 credit cards and basically show no credit history. The fact that I had a spotless driving record did not mater with them. It also may have been I turned 65.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:42 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I wish insurance was a truly "incase of" scenario. "In case" something happens.
If, after a year nothing happens, I should get most of my money back-less a small fee.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:56 PM
It'sjustme
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately insurance companies use credit and mvr to base rates.

My credit sucks do to catastrophic medical bills...why should that reflect on my ability to drive.

I have NEVER had an accident or filed even a glass claim. My mvr is clean.

I think they owe me a new car or free insurance because I have paid for my next car already. Don't see that happening.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Please call your agent and ask this question:

It is a known fact that some Insurance companies will NOT cover you if you are in an accident and you are not wearing a helmet. This also applies even to States that do not require you to wear a helmet. Play it safe and get it in writing that your insurance WILL cover you even if you are not wearing your helmet. one call can save yourself and your families alot of extra pain they do not need at that time.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:48 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,204 Likes on 8,360 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Yesterday I got a renewal email from Progressive and my insurance went way up - $500+. I got an online quote from Geico and it was better. I have my home and cars with Allstate so I called my local agent and got basically the same policy for $232.
$236 from State Farm for me.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:46 PM
WillPwr
Tourer

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
$236 from State Farm for me.
My policy is $290 every 6 months. State Farm typically has pretty good bike rates. There are only a select few that are able to beat my quotes.

When it comes to your credit, I am pretty amazed that any company in this industry that bases your premium off of your credit score is even still in business.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bike incurance....