Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Progressive

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:01 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

I have Progressive for the bike because my auto insurance farms it out to them. I just got my annual renewal this week and it did go down a little to $375 a year for full coverage.

I've never made a claim with them for my policy, but I just made an auto claim. My wife was rear ended in our Corvette (grrrrrrrr). The other driver had Progressive, so I made the claim directly to them instead of mine to save the deductible. I expected a nightmare, but it was just the opposite. The claims person was very helpful in getting everything fixed quickly, got me a rental car, and kept me informed really well. I told them it was going to a Chevy dealership and would only get original GM parts and they honored that.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:35 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have Progressive for both my bike and my truck (separate policies). I pay very little for full coverage on both vehicles. I've never had a claim on the motorcycle policy but the claim I had on my truck (hail damage) was paid quickly without any hassles. So far, so good.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,792 Posts

I found them to be a good deal for price for a while. Then Flo cost them a good customer for $25 of greed over a report that is made up out someone's ***. At 66, I have little credit history other than always paying my monthly bill in full and own no one anything. Problem came up when RIP opened one too many credit card playing the game of freebies and discounts at Costco and Pennies and Peeples and ect ect. First, I thought it was I had turned 66 but it was not that. So the credit score was not so good I guess. Anyway, Progressive hit me with a $25 dollar increase and noted it as they were no longer able to offer me their lowest rate. There was no talking to them even though I am health, wealth and wise. I talked to two people. Their indifference cost them a good customer. I have never had a speeding ticket or made a claim on insurance in 50 years of driving. My State Farm beat their new price by $50 and I switched. However, you just really need to shop around and online and see what turns up. I had been with State Farm for car,home and flood since I started driving and Progressive was half what they wanted 5 years ago. So much so, my agent apologized for being so uncompetitive. Guess State Farm just wanted to get more of the Motorcycle business. Online shopping has put a dent in premiums if you shop around.... I would not concern myself with any of them paying off if you have an accident. They will go by the book. Rest assured, it's not going to make all perfect again.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 10-22-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:24 AM
usmcbuck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been with Progressive for 9 or 10 years. Have my Truck, Bike & Boat with them. Had a claim for my Truck and a Bike during that time, they have always been quick and good to go with me. Happy with them, although I'm kinda tired of the Flo thing...

Old 10-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Johnnyh14
Road Warrior
Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Geico

I have Geico. Policy is full coverage and $200.00 for a full year. My bike is obviously less expensive than many of yours making it cheaper. I have had Geico for 24 years both cars and bike. Geico will not combine a auto policy and a motorcycle policy for whatever reason. A MSF certificate will get you a discount with many companies plus make you safer.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:03 AM
13Ultra
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bulldog
Run by James Lewis /tight with George Sorus...to damn liberal for me...
Yep, KNOW who you are doing business with.