Motorcycle Metal Fast? Now Control Yourself...

Taking a moment to honor our Protectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 02:32 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Taking a moment to honor our Protectors

You all know who I am by now.
I was banging away in my windowless cell (my shop) that has filtered air and no noise from the outside and the mailman banged on the door and handed me an unexpected package. I opened it up and it contained this (see below) from a client of mine. He had the time to think of me and it hit me like a ton of bricks; we all might not think of them enough. We are all comfortable running on the wheel of life, preoccupied by what we are doing in our own lives.

I would like to take a moment to remind ourselves to think about our men and women around the world including our allies such as those from (see below). Ya, they all got families and all want to be someplace else but they are all slugging it out in Afghanistan, Iraq and around the word in places that we have never even heard of. Let us take a moment of our time and think about them for a while. I proclaim that we do not need a designated holiday to honor our service people, our protectors of our “civilized” life. I you have the opportunity when meeting a veteran, think about their sacrifice when you need to hire an employee or as simple as an act of kindness. There is no veteran I know of who wants thanks but if you have the chance show them an act of kindness than use your common sense, they earned & deserve it.

Being in the business I am in, I have had interaction in almost of the following countries below and there are people riding Harley there and doing the same thing we do here. Egypt & Jordan have Harley riders the same as us in the USA. When you look at a person who is dressed in ethnic clothing, they just may have a son or daughter who is serving right next to our own and maybe he or she has a leather hanging in the closet. In closing, I wish to remind all that “Bikers is Bikers” no matter where they live, be good to each other.

Remember those who are there, not only our neighbor. All are helping by serving, not just the USA.

Albania
Armenia
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bosnia
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
Fiji
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece
Herzegovina
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malaysia
Moldova
Mongolia
Montenegro
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Northern Alliance
Norway
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Tonga
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States

Old 08-13-2014, 03:24 PM
2PawsRiver
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Cool.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:36 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

That is very nice Howard , I know you will honor and respect what it represents !

Old 08-20-2015, 09:56 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Cool Howard