Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Smokey Gold Road Glide paint set

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 AM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokey Gold Road Glide paint set

*****SOLD*****

Taken off of my 2004 FLTRI. Not perfect, but very usable. Fix the imperfections in the gold paint or use it for a custom paint job.

The outer fairing – There are some scratches on the right side, done in an act of vandalism back in October 2005. It looks like someone tried to play “tic tac toe” on my fairing. At the time, I decided it would be easier to cover the fairing up with one of those $99 Harley fairing bras, so I never fixed the scratches. Also, there is one small scrape on the right side from where the bike tipped over in my driveway. As well, there are a couple of places where the fairing bra apparently rubbed the paint down just under the headlight area. They are not visible when the fairing is mounted to the bike. Structurally, there are no cracks or broken screw points. The fairing is in overall decent shape.

Front fender – There is one rock ding near the left front tip of the fender and one chip on the right side of the fender towards the bottom. The chipped areas are surface rusting and will need to be repaired.

Rear fender – The rear fender is dent and scratch free. There are only slight marks on the top from where the seat rubbed on it for nearly five years. With the seat mounted, there are no visible marks.

Fuel tank – The Fuel tank is in good shape. No dents or scratches.

Side Covers – The side covers are in decent shape with the exception of one spot on the left cover where the paint was rubbed through from seat wear.

Saddle bags and lids – The left bag is in decent shape with some minor scuffing on the lid from a belt worn key ring. I have polished it out the best I can. Also, one spot on the right front corner of the left lid has been rubbed down to the sub base by the seat. It's not noticeable when the seat is on. The right bag has some serious paint scuffs on the bottom part of the bag from the fall over in my driveway. Also, the right lid has some minor scratches from where I opened the bag while it was on it’s side. The paint on the right bag will need to be repaired if you intend to keep it Gold.

I have owned the bike this paint set came off of since it was new (delivered to me in December 2003.) It had about 32,100 miles on it when I changed out the paint set. I found a complete Vivid Black paint set and changed it out as opposed to removing and repainting the Gold set. The Smokey Gold paint on this set can be easily repaired by your paint shop, or you can use this set to do a custom paint job on it. Overall, structurally, this is a very good set. I have tried to show the imperfections as best as I can.

I'd prefer to sell as a set, but if I must, I'll sell it piece by piece. Make me a reasonable offer.

Last edited by BigDaveOnBass; 08-24-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Sold parts...finally
Old 11-25-2008, 09:27 PM
ky_ace
Road Master

Good looking stars and bars in the reflection of that fairing!!!

BM

Old 11-26-2008, 07:28 AM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser

Heh....I didn't notice that. I took these photos at the clubhouse. That's the old Georgia state flag.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser

^^Monday bump^^

Old 12-17-2008, 02:56 PM
billvnvmc@hotmail.com
1st Gear

how much? Dollar Bill VNV M/C

Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser

I need to rebox and refigure shipping on the outer fairing. Where are you located, Bill, so I can come up with a shipping charge? I'd like to get $800, plus shipping.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
deb1
Novice
Default Road Glide tin

I sent a PM. Give me a call or let me know what you are thinking.
Thanks, Don

Old 01-13-2009, 04:59 AM
ZBARK
Advanced

Sent PM....

Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Harlee721
4th Gear

Do you still have this paint set?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:47 PM