Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

HELP...2010 Wide Glide - Texarkana TX

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:03 AM
slowandold
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good looking Wideglide OP, but I have to agree with Safety Man - you asked for feedback on why its not selling, he told you and then you disagree with him?

Like I said, good looking bike, so that only means 1 thing - you have a price problem. I sold my 2009 RK for over "book", but took the right seller and some time - and still took a pretty good hit on it for the money I spent on add-ons/custom parts...thats just how it works though.

If you aren't in a hurry then ride it out - maybe you will find the right buyer.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Bikz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

part it out and make her stock again!...that's the best way 2 get your $$$. Hell I might even buy some parts from you for my FXDWG!

Old 01-08-2016, 07:04 AM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this bike is sold or not but I have to say that's the best Wide Glide I've seen in a long while. Come on powerball ^^

Old 01-08-2016, 06:27 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

take the book value and then add 1/4 of the part value of your mods and that's about an expected selling price. Anyone telling you that extras add zero value is just trying to beat you down on price. It's like saying a fully loaded car is worth the same as a bare bones car, it's just not true.

It's just very hard to sale a expensive used bike like that because very few have that much cash on hand to buy it, the older guys who do are usually looking for touring models.

you should maybe consider taking a trade on it and keeping a cheaper bike, or maybe trading it in at a dealer for an older bike and getting some cash back that way.

If you have to sale your bike to buy a house maybe you should reconsider buying the house at this time.

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 01-08-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:02 PM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 351 Posts

Patience is the KEY! I NEVER in a million years though I would get 8500 for my 1995 flhtp, but I did..... took time and a LOT of relisting on Craigslist.

Beautiful bike BTW.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

....wonder if it sold yet.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:36 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

man that's a beautifully and tastefully done WG.

I don't see where anyone ever said add ons and time are worth $0 just that you don't get what you as the seller would expect to get back out of them. Believe me I've done a ton to bikes over the years and wasted good $ after bad $ and you never get your $ back out of them. Yeah I agree, if you're willing to sit on it for a year as indicated above, I would say you might have a good chance of getting in the range of what you're asking but are you willing to sit on it for a year? Used bike prices are in the toilet right now and this oilfield economy ain't helping much either down here.

I'm in the market for a used WG which is why I stumbled upon your wonderful creation but that's a little out of my range.

GLWS man..

Old 02-28-2016, 10:47 AM
OCDbikr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, if it matters at all what someone else thinks (with dealer experience in buying on an everyday basis), he's sadly very correct. Financially, the add-ons add ZERO to the value at all in relation to the real life value of the bike... BUT, if you factor in that to THE RIGHT BUYER it may SEEM to have more value (if they have the exact taste as the seller). It is VERY MUCH a buyer's market right now and bikes aren't selling strongly anywhere. That being said, demand has gone drastically down and THAT drives the book values down. To a person however, that does happen to have the same taste as you though, the bike is exactly worth what the seller is willing to pay, and that is MOST OFTEN above what any book says about value. Like a beekeeper buddy of mine once told me when selling his FLSTC... "Value will always be in the mind of the bee holder and that is direct proportion with the amount of money in his bank account". To you who are selling the bike, good luck my friend. Be firm but flexible, wise, yet simple. When the time is right and the stars align, the buyer will find you and you both will be happier for it. I'm out!

Last edited by OCDbikr; 02-28-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,106 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
take the book value and then add 1/4 of the part value of your mods and that's about an expected selling price. Anyone telling you that extras add zero value is just trying to beat you down on price. It's like saying a fully loaded car is worth the same as a bare bones car, it's just not true.
I was going to leave this alone, I even left the thread. I couldn't do it, I came back.

I get trying to get some of the mod money back. It's hard to value $$$ on taste. The "right" guy has to come along.

It is nothing like a fully loaded car not being worth what a bare bones car is worth. Value is based on what the car came with. A Chevy pickup WT model is worth less than a LTZ. The LTZ left the factory with all the factory options and carries a much higher value. If you took the WT model and added aftermarket parts to try and get there, it's worth very little more. Banks loan on book value, so therefore vehicles worth are based on that also. Without the book value, the banks won't loan, thus a lot of the buyers are knocked out of the market.

Thirdly, none of the opposing opinions were brought up by anyone looking to beat him up on the price. None were looking to buy it. He asked for opinions, not buyers.

To the OP, did you get it sold? I'm rooting for ya.

Old 03-27-2016, 10:13 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 589 Likes on 308 Posts

Well done add-ons do add value. About 30% of the value of most add ons can be figured into the final selling price.

Take that bike to Pig Trail HD in Rogers AR and they will give you an accurate apraisal, and a fair trade price. Might even want to buy it.

Beautiful bike, best of luck getting your price.

If it weren't for the apes, I'd consider it, and I'm not even looking for another bike. Put the 110 kit in that, with perhaps 10 inch bars....

Last edited by r0de_runr; 03-27-2016 at 10:20 AM.